Runes caster questions

Hello to everyone!!

I am a runes caster, I have my obsidian runes which I use to cast with my family, but today a friend asked me to cast on her. I heard I have to have a different bundle for me and another for those who ask me to cast the runes. Is that true? Should I use the bunch I use with my family with my friend? Hoy can I clean the runes from the energy after cast them with a person who doesn’t belong to my family?

Thanks you all and blessed be!:heart:

(Sorry if some parts are difficult to understand, its a long text and I’m not pretty sure if I translated correctly)

11 Likes

I have never heard about using different sets for different people or family & friends.

You said the runes are obsidian, so any way that you would cleanse crystals would be fine for those as well.

I would cleanse them before casting for friends & then afterward. Maybe cleanse the pouch they are in as well.

10 Likes

First, your translation is great, I can understand clearly what you are asking.

I personally don’t read runes (although I am interested), I do read tarot for friends sometimes. I don’t have a separate deck for that purpose and will use what calls me. I smoke cleanse the deck before and after the reading. I’m sure you could do something similar with your runes.

7 Likes

Yep, she is right… Smoke, sound, Selenite, moonlight… they will all work cleansing crystal runes & wooden or any others.

@Amaris_Bane one day I hope to be better at tarot… much more than 3 cards & I get lost or need help. I had stopped for a while though so i didn’t retain everything because I wasn’t really using them for over 6 months.

I haven’t cast runes in even longer, but i enjoy daily draws right now.

If you want to learn more about using runes:

8 Likes

Greetings @SpanishWitchy,

Siofra and Amaris shared some great advice- just jumping in to say I agree with what they’ve said! :blush:

While I can definitely see why there would be appeal in having a personal set of runes/deck/etc strictly for your own use, I think that’s more of a personal preference- I’ve never heard it as a standard rule everyone should follow. I don’t currently use runes for divination, but for the other divination tools I use (mainly my tarot decks and tasseography cup) I don’t see any issue using them to read for others. If you feel there is outside energy interfering, a good cleanse with your favorite cleansing method will do the trick! :grinning:

(And your translation is perfect- everything is very clear! No worries at all :blush:)

Wishing you all the best with your rune casting- blessed be, Lucia! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Thanks, @Susurrus!! I am looking at ordering a set on payday tomorrow. :grin: Just don’t tell my husband. :shushing_face: :shushing_face: :shushing_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: He already jokes about my tarot collection.

7 Likes

Hi there @SpanishWitchy, I use a few different rune sets depending on what is going on. I will not cast for someone else, only myself, because it is not an easy process and takes a lot of practice, time and understanding to get anything out of it, especially for someone else - but that is my own rule. I will however, allow someone else to draw a runes from a bag of mine - I ask them to ask a yes/no question - then they will draw only one rune.

I will sometimes ask them to pose a broader question and they will draw 3. If you need assistance with these methods, let me know!

Lastly, cleanse your runes each time you use them - even when you use them. The methods listed by @Susurrus and @Amaris_Bane are perfect for cleansing. Do what ever you normally do to cleanse your items! Happy rune casting!!! :rock:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.