Samhain Offerrings

Stopped by the store to get some garlic for an offerring to Hecate tonight, and found these black grapes and golden berries - how perfect for Samhain! And the grapes are called Moon Drops! Adding these to my altar tonight!

11 Likes

Looks awesome

5 Likes

Moon Drops!! Haven’t seen those in a while! When I first discovered them they were next to the cotton candy grapes and I scooped those up too! I think that’s a mighty fine offering you have there!

5 Likes

Whaaat!? How have I never heard of Moon Drops before!? :heart_eyes:

Moon Drop grapes have a dark blue-hued skin, a pale green flesh and an oblong, tubular shape. (They sort of look like miniature eggplants!) They’re grown by Grapery in the Southern San Joaquin Valley, California and harvested from August to November.

From Taste of Home: Moon Drop Grapes

Looks like they’re only around for a limited time! They sound really neat- and you’re right, perfect for the holiday (especially paired with those golden berries)! Thanks for teaching me something new, @anon87969570- hope you’re enjoying a blessed Sabbat! :blush::grapes::candle:

4 Likes

Whoa. Nice find! That looks like a great offering!

4 Likes

Wow, I have never heard of Moon Drops before either! I have heard of Clamshell grapes though. So it must be a geographic thing? That is cool, although now when I go to any produce sections I am going to be looking for them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Gee, Ron, I might have arm wrestled you for those finger grapes…yummy.

5 Likes

:grin::grin:, they are sweet and tasty! And popping one into your mouth with a golden berry creates a delicious flavor contrast. The golden berries are related to tomatillos, but have a flavor that is a cross between pineapple and mango, so their tartness balances the sweet of the Moon Drops. And as much as I love wrestling with ladies (:wink:), you’d only have to ask, lol!

5 Likes

Nice, I love the colors!! Sorry it’s a little late but life happens. Thanks for sharing :relaxed:

5 Likes

Thank you, Christina. You’ve got a lot going on. Take the time to focus on yourself. You do so much for others, now focus that healing, positive energy inward!

4 Likes

Lovely! :orange_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes