Sea salt recommend please

Please can anyone tell me the best and cheapest place to purchase sea salt in large quantity , for bath salts spells etc , many thanks mandy xxx

5 Likes

@amanda44 hi sea salt it really cheap, you can buy it at dollar type stores or grocery stores. I pay about 80 cents a box if I buy it local

6 Likes

Thank you so much ! Is it ok to use sea salt in place of regular salt ? Xxxx

5 Likes

Pinterest Post

I found this chart for the different types of salts. :salt: & these too

Pinterest Post

6d588593a6d1ae0215ddf0de4a45775c
Pinterest Post

:blush:

5 Likes

Yeah, in this case, salt is just salt in my opinion :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Thank you so much x

5 Likes

You’re welcome! :blush:

I will also agree with @MeganB. Typically the only time I use different salts is a texture reason. I honestly normally go to my spices cabinet & pour a little in separate container to use for my space :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I don’t remember where I read it but I read somewhere that sea salt is actually the better option over regular table salt because the process it goes through to make it safe to eat greatly reduces the structure and would change it’s effect slightly but table salt works in a pinch

But another substitute you can try if you can’t find large quantities for affordably cheap epsom salts are a good substitute and they have large bags at the dollar store

5 Likes

I’m gonna have to look into red salt and Celtic sea salt :upside_down_face:
I don’t actually have table salt lol. I always use Himalayan pink salt…… googling now for more types of salt :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I was looking it up and Black Himalayan salt has an “egg” like aroma and light taste that vegans use to get the taste of eggs.

5 Likes

I use the salts based on their textures & their uses in my workings. For instance, I have a bath ritual recipe that uses Epsom Salts & Dead Sea Salt so it would be the specific texture & cleansing that I would want for those times.

We have regular table salt :salt:, but we also have Pink Himalayan Salt & Coarse Salt in our cabinets. Typically I use salt to represent Earth on my altar. I have used it for protection around my home & space too.

I like to eat Sea Salt, whether it’s on chips or popcorn, I like the flavor it gives to foods. We use regular table (Iodized) salt more frequently though.

I would like to look into Celtic Sea Salt for curiosity right now, I don’t know that I will use it for anything… Yet. :joy:

4 Likes