Seasonal altar changes

Hello! As we approach Lughnasadh/Lammas, I’m getting ready to redo my altar for fall. I like to change it up with the seasons.

Fall in Texas is much like summer - hot, humid, and we really only know it’s fall by the date. We don’t get the glorious colors that the north gets in the trees (feel free to share those pictures with me when they happen!!) and our temperatures don’t drop until winter. So I decorate instead!

I purchased some new Altar clothes from a small business on Etsy last week and they arrived today (I need to iron them still), with a bonus amethyst crystal! I picked a yellow for fall and of course red for winter. I already have green for spring and I use purple in summer because my favorite color is purple.

I also made a candle for the upcoming Sabbat and have added an offering of grains to my altar.

Do you redo your altars with the seasons?

18 Likes

Jessica55,
The harvest is here and so many great colors!

Beautiful colors!
I love all your new things you got they look so beautiful! I love the altar Cloth. Do you have the link Jessica? I really like the fall colors!
Jeannie
Blessed be👍

11 Likes

Yes I do.

I updated the top part of my altar in preparation for Lammas last week with a new green and gold altar cloth I found on Etsy (sold as a bandana/crystal cloth).

14 Likes

That looks great! I’m planning on putting out marigolds instead of roses this week, but that’s about it. I don’t have a big working altar, just shelves. I really like your new altar cloths though, they’re pretty!

7 Likes

That cloth is so beautiful!!

8 Likes

Thank you! I don’t have a big selection of fresh flowers that I can afford where I am at. I have multi-colored roses out this week. I am going to try and get sunflowers for this weekend. I usually don’t put out flowers and switch to dried flowers or other decorations for fall/winter.

7 Likes

Yeah, if I had real flowers the cat would eat them. Heck, he tries to eat the fake ones too! But I just have no way to get out and get fresh flowers every few days, sad to say.

7 Likes

I looked all over for a green altar cloth I liked before stumbling on this. Lots of lovely designs in their shop and I think they sell worldwide:

8 Likes

@Amethyst HAHA!! One of mine was nibbling on my sunflowers before they got repotted and moved outside. I used to not keep fresh flowers in the house but they have been helping cheer me up with my depression so now I take the time to go pick out a bouquet for myself once a week. I treat it as self-care. It helps that our HEB grocery store has a great selection and they are only a few minutes away.

@IrisW, Thanks! I’ll check them out! I love to support small businesses any time I can. I may use them as veils instead of altar cloths so I can show them off! :wink:

7 Likes

Wow, that’s nice of you to do for yourself. I may have to do that someday!

6 Likes

Your new altar cloths are gorgeous, @Amaris_Bane! :heart_eyes: I love the colors and designs you chose.

As someone who moves around a lot, I don’t have a permanent altar (so I love love LOVE seeing everyone’s amazing altar arrangements! :revolving_hearts:) I usually just set up temporary altars for Sabbats or for large-scale ritual work.

There’s something so exciting about putting up a display that ties into the special occasion- decorating to match the holidays and seasons is such a great idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures, Jessica! :heart:

7 Likes

Yup, I sure do!! But I haven’t yet :sweat_smile: when I do, I’ll show you!! :heartbeat:. Yours stuff looks gorgeous and you made a beautiful candle!!!:candle:

6 Likes

I don’t change my alter according to seasons, but going to add a TRITHEMIUS ART OF DRAWING SPIRITS disc, that will place in the alter when not in use.

9 Likes

That’s quite interesting!!! Do you mind telling me more about it? Please :pleading_face:

6 Likes

My cat eats my flowers and we decided to just buy her own plants!!! Of course being safe for her to consume but she loves it!!!

5 Likes

I’m going the share a article in which I believe that it can give a deeper insight than my own spanglish words. :grin:
http://www.esotericarchives.com/tritheim/trchryst.htm

8 Likes

Hablo español. Entiendo “Spanglish”! :relaxed: Pero, much as gracias por the article. Lol

6 Likes

You’re sooo welcome! :blush:

6 Likes

I’ve been considering buying mine some. What did you buy her?

5 Likes

She loves her spider plant and catnip, of course and anything pretty lol I can’t keep anything nice inside.

4 Likes