Seasonal altar changes

Eh, I have a black thumb and live on the wrong side of the building, I couldn’t grow a plant if my life depended on it! LOL!

4 Likes

Lol me neither :rofl::joy: hey, I messaged you. Did ya get it. It’s on here

4 Likes

Yes, I just haven’t gotten to that yet. LOL! I spent the morning at the doctor and then at the office in my building redoing my lease. I’ll answer you here in a bit! Thank you, sweetie!

3 Likes

I’ve been redoing mine for most of the Sabbats although I’ve fallen behind since Ostara due to struggles with physical and mental health. Haven’t redone it for Lughnasadgh yet but will hopefully change it up this week. Last Mabon was my first Sabbat and any progress I can make despite my health challenges is good momentum and now that I am awakened onto this path, I feel that I’m always moving forward.

6 Likes

Yes!! I struggle with mental health issues also. Sometimes for me the simple act of meditating in my space can help me. I’ve been trying to update for the Sabbats but haven’t been consistent. I had so much fun doing this one that I think even if I make only small changes I’ll do it moving forward.

6 Likes

@atypical_witch My first sabbat was Beltane and I did a lot of reading on it and dreamed of what I’d have liked to have done but due to my living arrangements at that time wasn’t really able to fully acknowledge it. Honestly I don’t think I even had an altar yet just a box with my crystals and a bag full of herbs and just a few different color candles. Mostly at the time I used the desk or dresser in our hotel room or a box turned upside down at a friend’s house to work on in the middle of the night I think I even set up shop in the hotel bathtub one night because my husband was insistent on arguing with me as I tried to work and kept breaking my circle so I locked myself in the bathroom and sat in our tub :rofl: I did however do some huge revamping and celebrating for litha because it was also my birthday and I finally had a decent enough altar space that I was proud of and wanted to show off. Changing your altar to fit the sabbats and esbats isn’t really a big deal in my opinion especially for people like us who are fighting battles with demons we can’t see. So long as you light an appropriate candle or say a prayer just to let the deities know you appreciate it and acknowledge it. I had plans to make my corn dolly for a week before I worked on her and didn’t get started until midnight on lammas. And My altar -Which is tiny in comparison to the one I had at litha due to living out of a travel altar- didn’t get put together until the day after lammas and because of my home situation had to be taken down within the hour. It doesn’t make us any less of a witch or any less dedicated just because sometimes we have to tend to our health first. After all our intentions will never flourish if we run on empty batteries. So what I was a day late? At least I made the effort and Lugh knew where my heart was my head just wasn’t in the same place at the same time. No worries love. Mabon is approaching and you get another go at it. and this time if you feel like you’re struggling you can always talk to me and I’ll listen (lemme tell ya I got tons of stuff that gets in my way as well) and if I hadn’t have been able to talk to @Amaris_Bane my dolly and altar may have been postponed for the whole year. You’re not alone anymore love. We’re all here to support you and lift you up. Blessed be :pray:

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane that’s what I do. One day at a time. And if all I accomplish is one thing on my to do list than at least I accomplished something and I didn’t let myself stay down. It’s tough sometimes but I am a cancer so I HAVE to show my illness who’s boss lol

5 Likes

Yo hablo spanglish también! :joy:

5 Likes

Good to know, there’s a couple of witches that also talk in spanglish. :grin:

5 Likes

My TRITHEMIUS was supposed to be delivered yesterday, :confused: but is on Florida. With the situation going on here in Puerto Rico about the cargo ships, I wonder when I’m going to get it. I don’t mind that much of the delay, but in its current state. Just hope it doesn’t get damaged.

4 Likes

I feel t he same way!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and sharing your struggles with me. I’m literally tearing up because my whole live I’ve been “other” and let myself pretend to care about things that “normal” people do, but that has only added to my unhappiness. To read your story and that of others I’ve encountered in the coven, I’m realizing for the first time that I’m not alone and or too weird because of the things I believe in and the energies I’ve always sensed. I’m starting to trust my intuition about the messages I’m receiving are real. Thank you again for your caring advice!

5 Likes

@atypical_witch believe me I completely understand. Lately I’ve been struggling hard with the sense of being alone and often find it difficult to express my feelings. Since joining the coven I finally found a place where I’m accepted and heard and supported and I finally feel somewhat like I have a home and a family. The people within this forum have literally saved my life at times.i am so glad that you found comfort and strength from my experience and sharing my story because that’s even more inspiring for me because my struggles helped someone else. My inbox is always open should you ever need anything. I check in regularly so it shouldn’t take me very long to reply. Keep your head up girly. Blessed be!

5 Likes