Seed Bread Recipe

Here’s the second of my two seed bread recipes this week. @Amaris_Bane asked for one for a bread machine so here it is!

Seed Bread Recipe

This recipe is for the bread machine, 1 1/2 to 2 lb. (750 g – 1 kg) bread loaf pans.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups (300 ml) warm water
2 tbsp. (25 ml) liquid honey
2 tbsp. (25 ml) vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. (7 ml) salt
1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (50 ml) flax seeds
2 tbsp. (25 ml) sesame seeds
1 tbsp. (15 ml) poppy seeds
2 tsp. (10 ml) quick-rise (instant) dry yeast

Directions:

In order, place water, honey, oil, salt, flours, seeds, and yeast into your baking pan. Remember not to let the liquids touch the yeast. Choose a whole-wheat setting on your bread machine. Remove baked loaf from the pan and cool on a rack.

If you would like a hearth-type bread:

Simply make the dough in the bread machine and then remove it to a floured surface. Punch down the dough and gently pull it into an 8 x 11 inch (20 x 28 cm) rectangle. Starting at the narrow end, roll up into a cylinder, pinch along the bottom to smooth and seal. Fit it into a greased 8 x 4 inch (1.5 L) loaf pan. Cover and let rise for 1 hour (or until doubled in size).

Brush the top of the loaf with water. With a sharp knife, cut a slash about 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep along the length of the top. Bake at 400º F (200º C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350º F (180º C) and bake for 30-35 minutes. The loaf will be brown and should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.

Recipe courtesty of Bread Experience.

7 Likes

Thank you! I’m looking at many options for bread making. I wish I could make them all!! :sweat_smile: Sounds delicious :yum:

4 Likes

For next week I have a quick bread type recipe, strawberry bread. Sounds yummy to me!

4 Likes

Thank you!! Looking forward to getting this Sunday!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope it turns out well for you!

3 Likes

Not one but two bread recipes from the generous @Amethyst- we are blessed with bread! :bread: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: These recipes are great to have on hand for the upcoming Lammas.

Thanks so much for sharing, Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome my dear! I couldn’t decide so I decided on both! LOL.

3 Likes

What’s better than one loaf of homemade bread? TWO loaves of homemade bread! :partying_face: :bread: I’d never turn away from an extra bread recipe, and it’s definitely the season for bread recipes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

If only it wasn’t so darn hot to bake bread!

3 Likes

Cheers to that- and if it isn’t scorching hot, then it’s pouring summer rains :sweat_smile::cloud_with_rain: Luckily homemade bread makes just about every situation a bit more bearable :bread: :yum:

3 Likes

That is another reason I like my bread machine! I used to bake bread before we moved full time into the RV but in the Texas summers it gets WAY too hot (100+ F most of the time) to even cook inside let alone bake! For me it was generally only a fall/winter/spring thing which meant it really only happened November - March, if the weather cooperated.

3 Likes

So bread machines don’t make it very hot in a home? That’s an idea. I mostly cook out of my toaster over and microwave during the summer.

2 Likes

No, mine doesn’t add much heat at all. It produces about the same as my crock pot.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks! I may have to look into that if we get another stimulus check!

3 Likes

@Amethyst this got rave reviews tonight at my mini Lughnasadh celebration with friends! Right before it started to bake, I carved a heart in the top for the love I share with my friends and family.

3 Likes

I can see the heart, @Amaris_Bane- your Lughnasadh bread turned out so lovely! :heart_eyes: :bread: :heart:

3 Likes

That bread deserves a big heart, it looks awesome! Way to go @Amaris_Bane!

3 Likes