Selene, the moon goddess

Hello. My name is Taryn, I’m from Romania. This is the first time to post, I’m kind of nervous.I started practicing less then a year ago.
I mostly focus on reading, protection, small simple spells. When I was in the beginnings and asked everything I believed until that point, I was thinking that I need a sign. In the next full moon I saw Selene ( i took me some time to figure out who she was ) . It was the most amazing experience- I felt so much love and calm I can’t explain. Since then every time I was at my lowest she reached out and helped me.

My question is : how do you work with her ?

I always say hi when I see the moon, celebrate the full moon, where I live now the altar is not an option. Also my dreams are not reliable ( because of the medicine I take)

Thank so much for reading and can’t wait to see your answers :face_with_peeking_eye:

16 Likes

I’ll come back with more later as I’m just about to cook and eat dinner, but I recently did this with Selene and it was wonderful.

Also, welcome! It’s lovely to meet you. :silver_heart: :black_heart: I’m Katerina or Katya for short, and I currently live in Australia.

14 Likes

I also feel the same with her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s hard to explain, I understand.

It makes me glad that we’ve moved to a new apartment where I can see the sky from within every room. It was difficult in our last place with how everything was arranged. But this new place is much more open and sometimes I find myself wandering onto the balcony at night to enjoy the night sky.

12 Likes

I’m lucky I can see the moon when it’s full from the balcony. In the beginning of April we will move to a new apartment and there I will have a place for my altar. I’m more excited of that small place then decorating everything :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I tried to take some photos of the moon from our balcony tonight, but I could not capture even 10% of its beauty.

(1/300s, f/1.7, 800 ISO)

(Orion on the left.)

I think I’m going to have to use an actual camera for this. :sweat_smile: Maybe I will remember to charge mine in time for the next full moon.

14 Likes

Hi, @Taryn_01! I’m Amethyst. I just wanted to drop in here and say welcome to the forum!

12 Likes

Hello lovely just wanted to drop in and say hi. :heartpulse:

12 Likes

Hello and welcome, my name is Celestia. Selene is a really beautiful goddess, and one of the first ones who called to me. I’ve noticed the same, she has a very gentle and calming presence, and can move us to awe and tears with it. :white_heart:

The nighttime is a good time to be with her. If you have a view of the Moon in the sky that’s the best way, also to keep in touch with her cycles. A selenite crystal and a (glass or silver) bowl of water can help with the connection too. You can also charge the selenite in the moonlight, and ask Selene to show you shapes in the water. Water is the element most connected to the Moon.

(A warning though, not to get selenite wet, as it will dissolve!)

Selene enjoys simple elegance and gentle shining colors, silver and white are her favorites, gentle shades of blue and light grey work too. You can set the mood for your connection by setting up an altar (or the whole room if possible) in this style. You can also wear something sheer and flowing as your ritual clothing.

Her ritual was so beautiful, I can recommend looking through it! :blush:

Wishing you beautiful moments with this lovely Goddess :white_heart:

12 Likes

@Francisco did an experiment with this that shows it does dissolve, but quite slowly. :smile:

And moonstones, too. :silver_heart: They’re my favourite. I’m biased. :smile:

11 Likes

Oh yes, this was an interesting one, thank you for pointing it out! :smile: So it doesn’t dissolve like a lump of sugar. A few drops on the crystal or a quick soak shouldn’t do anything, but I like to be careful to preserve the beautiful moonbeam texture of my wand. :white_heart:

Good addition! :smile_cat: I have a bracelet with some gorgeous rainbow moonstones (Cancer birthstone), definitely Selene-approved :silver_heart:

12 Likes

For me it’s still day time :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Hi @Taryn_01 ! Just wanted to welcome you. I’m an eclectic chaos witch from Minnesota. I do lots of reading and studying on all witchy subjects but I’m really in to divination, tarot, oracle, pendulum. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Someone here should be able to answer most your questions or point you in the right direction.
Blessed Be

13 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and I found the practice 30 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a few years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I am an eclectic Green witch with an interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

14 Likes

@Taryn_01 welcome to the family!
I came to tell you that I am glad that you are with us!
I am Airram from Greece
Welcome! :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Thanks everyone for the answer and mostly for the warm welcome. I have no idea why I wasn’t on this forum more
It is so nice to see so many kind and loving people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Taryn_01 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

You’ve already gotten some wonderful answers regarding working with Selene, so I’m just here to pop in a welcome hug! :hugs: I look forward to seeing you around - please, feel free to make yourself at home!

12 Likes

Oh wow it’s day time but the moon is still out you were in liminal space my favorite time to do spell work. :blush::crystal_ball: Welcome to the forum :waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon::new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon:

12 Likes

Welcome to the coven. My name is Devenne I’m a chaos witch from Indiana.

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Hello @Taryn_01,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. I know you’ve already got some wonderful advice about working with Selene and the moon, so don’t mind me just stopping by to say hello! :wave: :blush:

Please make yourself at home here, Salia - blessed be! :sparkles:

12 Likes

@Taryn_01 Welcome! :hugs: So glad you’ve joined us :heart::blush: This is a great place for discovery and growth :pray::heart::sparkles: Everyone is so supportive and will offer guidance :pray: :blush: Make yourself at home :house_with_garden: I look forward to getting to know you and learning alongside you :heart: :blush: :people_hugging:

12 Likes