Self Dedication

Last night was my Self-Dedication ritual.

I didn’t have the house to myself but my lovely husband who is a practicing atheist/reformed Catholic (his words) happily gave me the space and time I asked for understanding that it was important to me.

I followed the ritual as per the Self-Initiation lesson, adding in a prayer to Diana. I intend to pray to my other deities Persephone and Hecate separately.

Since then I’ve felt a sense of calm. I know I’m at the beginning of my path but now feel I’m on the right one. And feel blessed to have met such a wonderful and supportive community, my coven.

Thank you and blessed be x

13 Likes

Aw, I love this so much :heartpulse: Such a beautiful Photo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am very honoured to have met you too and I look forward to going on this journey with you <3 Blessed Be <3

7 Likes

Congratulations on your ceremony! I remember I was pretty emotional when I finished mine but it was in a good way. I remember being peaceful and happy when I was finished. Blessed be.

7 Likes

So glad it went well! It’s always a special experience. Mine made me feel confident I could do this, you know? BTW, love the photo!

6 Likes

Congrats @IrisW !!!
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

Congratulations @IrisW & I’m so happy that it went well.

5 Likes

Welcome, Congratulations and I felt the exact same way!

6 Likes

Ow I am so glad to hear your public dedication!
Blessed be “wise one”
Jeannie

6 Likes

Congrats on your Self-Dedication Ritual, @IrisW! :partying_face:

Many blessings and good wishes to you on this happy occasion. May your magickal path be long and joyous! :raised_hands: :heart:

5 Likes

A huge congratulations :tada:!!! It’s hard work but you’ve made it! And, it’s not the end neither. :wink: But enjoy your initiation!!!

5 Likes

Congrats, @IrisW! Not only on the self dedication, but on having a family that gives you the space, the understanding, the freedom to follow your own path. You are blessed!

4 Likes

Congratulations, @IrisW!!! :tada:

From your words I can imagine the enveloping peace and love that you must have felt! A Self Dedication is a beautiful ceremony and a powerful personal rite of passage!

Welcome to the start of something beautiful! :pray:

5 Likes

Thank you @Francisco. I’m still feeling very calm today but focused and energised too.

My husband went to bed early as he got up at 4am this morning for work. Since then I’ve conducted a couple of spells, worked on my Book of Shadows and worked my way through to the end of the Wicca Level 2 course (it’s now nearly 11.30pm here in England).

6 Likes