Self Love Altar ❤ Rest and Reflection

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my newest video with you today. Self love is a struggle for me, but creating this altar and sacred space in my home has given me a different relationship with myself. Come along and join me as I talk about my self-love journey and why I believe everyone should have a sacred space for their own self-love journey.

21 Likes

I’m always a fan of self-care work, so the idea of having a special place reserved for self-love is such a great idea in my book! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing your self love altar, it’s beautiful! I’ll have to add making one of my own to my to-do list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I can relate to this, so so much! Being a mother, wife, homemaker, etc, there were always people and instances that had to come first. And yes, we do wear so many different hats, and we sometimes can get caught up in that cycle of doing for others before ourselves. Not that that’s a bad thing, but after years and years we sometimes lose ourselves in the mix. So now all my children have grown up and now I sit here and wonder who I am. Self-care is so important and I find myself still running around as if I have those children still here. Just learning to relax for a few minutes is so hard because I’m still on this mental clock where everything in my day has a time. It’s hard to fill up a day for me, but I’m so grateful to have the opportunity now to do it:) It’s important to have a creative outlet to express yourself. So I say, bravo! Do for you now while you’re young! Because there is only one of you! No one else can be you! You are unique, gifted, and talented, never put yourself 2nd. And that’s my sermon for today, lol:) I love your alter. I’ve been trying to make one of my own.

9 Likes

I’m working more self-love :revolving_hearts: & self-care :heartpulse: into my days, I have a difficult relationship with it. I have been steadily taking baby steps :footprints: though, now I’m adding a step or 2. :blush:

Also since around August, I have really been thinking about having my main altar then other smaller ones. Which is how Brighid wound up with her own space on my wall. I’m also steadily clearing nightstands in my room. I knew I wanted 1 for my ancestors, but the other I was struggling with what to use it for & now I have the perfect thing. :two_hearts:

10 Likes

@BryWisteria – It’s doing amazing things for my mindset! Even taking a second to light the candles and put on my charged jewelry creates a subtle shift :heart: I hope yours does the same!

@christine13 – Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:t3: I ask myself that question of who am I really? all the time because, as you said, all the hats I wear! It’s a process but it’s turning out to be a fun one! I wish you all the luck in creating a space for your self-love!

@Susurrus – It’s definitely a struggle, but as a therapist of mine once said, baby steps is still moving forward! I hope you find the perfect spot for your self-love altar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Merry meet Christine :dizzy: . Your post got me teary eyed, I FEEL what your saying in my soul and it’s, really really sad. The only identity I’ve known for the past 20 years is Mom. Of course that doesn’t change when the kids are “grown”, but it sure is a swift kick in the crotch to not be needed and have NO CLUE what you are to do. I didn’t understand when people would say they don’t “know” themselves anymore. If not YOU then who would?? I get it now but that doesn’t provide comfort when I can’t even remember what I used to do for fun, or how to go about learning meditation because I seriously need a relaxing anything !!! So from one newly emerged butterfly to another, I wish you peace, I wish you healing, I wish you LOVE, and I pray for guidance - for us both- that we may find those bad ass women we know we are and learn to embrace this new chapter in our lives. I am here for you if you ever want to talk or cry lol. We CAN do this, Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing that:) It’s hard to remember what we once did for fun, or even what interests to pursue in our next chapter. But I will tell you what was told to me. Start at the beginning of your life and think about the things you had done as a child. What brought you joy? What was fun? What were your interests? Then think about adolescence and ask the same questions. Then when you were a teenager. And write it all down. And after you connect with your inner child, you should find at least part of yourself. Then just do or try all the things you want without limiting or judging yourself. And to be quite honest, it is why we are probably here, to tap into some of the magic that was once in our life. Because life is magical!

8 Likes

Welcome, @erika5! :heart: You are truly full of love- and it sounds to me like you are already an incredibly strong soul! May you keep up with your self love work and continue to bloom into the person you wish to be :blush:

Thank you so much, @MeganB! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: With travel on the horizon, I’m afraid I can’t have a physical altar (or at least not like I’d like to have haha) for a while. So for now, I’ll have to keep my Self Love altar internally for the time being! :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words. Be safe on your travels :revolving_hearts::dizzy::heart:

8 Likes

Thank you so much, @erika5! Blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I can understand with you @christine13 and @erika5 I never really got to know my Mom, we were always fighting or when things went wrong I would just go hide until everything cooled down. My Mom used to lose control when she got upset with my brothers & sisters, most of the time I tried my best to stay out of her way. I didn’t get to know her until she started to forget things, memories. Later when Mom needed to go into a home for Althemizer and I was out of 5 children that she forgot who I was looking at me. She remembered she had a daughter with my name but when I would go and visit her, she always said I wasn’t her Debra. That was hard to watch her say that and remember that she had a daughter named Debra and I wasn’t her. That really hurt my heart.
Now with raising my own family and my 2 boys are all grown up and living their own lives. I used to do everything for them and my husband at that time. I spent 18 years in a marriage and I never felt so alone, it was like we had separated lives but had to raise 2 boys. I thought of everyone else before me and I was at the end of the line. I cooked the foods my husband and boys liked, clean up after them. One day I spent hours washing laundry and cleaning the bathroom, organizing it, the boys would come upstairs for supper and hubby would come home from work, he would clean up first before dinner, and then after dinner, I would the dishes, then go clean up the washroom all over again. After the boys were old enough I divorced him, and I still felt alone, but I was happier. With the little money I had, I continued to support my boys and I didn’t think about what I wanted or needed until they grew up and moved into their own place. Some of you knew of my boyfriend of three years that called and ended our relationship just before my company and boys were coming to my place for a Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner. My life has not been easy and I feel now it is my time for me of Self-Love, before thinking of any other relationship.
Thanks to all that shared their stories and for @MeganB for doing this video.

5 Likes

@debra2 My life has not been easy and I feel now it is my time for me of Self-Love, before thinking of any other relationship.
Yes, it is time for self-love and healing because you are the most important relationship.
It’s time to find peace in your heart and mind.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing, I understand how you felt. It was exactly the same for me. I think the lesson I brought out of the situation is that we must never allow circumstances, or people , to hold so much space in our heads that we lose ourselves. Our children grow and they go on to have their own lives, relationships end and then we are left to ourselves- and the rediscovery begins. I do hope that your journey will lead you right where you need to be. I love how supportive this community is and am blessed to have found them. If you ever need an ear I am just a message away. Sending :sparkling_heart: love, light and blessings to you my friend !

6 Likes

Thank you Erika for your love, light, and blessings very much appreciated.
I do hope that you as well find peace and balance too.

Sending you blessings, light :candle: & love :heart: your way.

5 Likes

Such a beautiful video /altar thank you for sharing self love is so important and it’s something we tend to forget and take for granted thank you again

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:t3: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad you liked my video!

3 Likes

Sweet debra.
When a parent or elder loses their memories as in Alzheimer’s, or the broad term, dementia, it’s so hard on those who were closest.
Toward the end of her life, Richard’s mother was quite confused and disoriented. She remembered me and our son, but not him. It broke his heart.
When I was trained as an RN, they encouraged reality orientation. This meant that if they asked for their, say, husband and he was dead, you told them. In early stage of this organic brain disease, this could sometimes be helpful. But in later stages it was just painful. These individuals were already traumatized and losing themselves.

As a young, fresh eager person, wondered, “Who am I?” What will I be?"
Sadly many of us fall into a routine, that become habit and years later you wake up and ask again “Who am I now?” Only you can answer that.
I’m glad you are growing. You know what? You deserve love, each and everyone of us love you, Why shouldn’t you love yourself.
Be blessed, be careful and know you are loved.
Garnet

5 Likes

@Garnet Thank you so much and that was beautifully written and I love you all and I’m feeling loved here by so many, that a little teary-eyed. :heart:

I had a lovely time with my children and grandkids, it was a witchy time and I tried to do a reading with a three-card spread with my Angel Oracles Cards, she loved it and so we did a nine card spread but I needed to refer to the book that came with the cards. She was quite surprised that it was quite spot on, and I felt wonderful. It was a good time. :tarot_card:
Blessed be
Debra

4 Likes