Self Love Challenge!

@Susurrus yes your empathy is very strong :heart: I often feel it through your posts :relieved:

5 Likes

Not at all that was perfect! :heart: And thank you for the meditation recommendation, I will try this later tonight :sparkles:

6 Likes

Love, love, LOVE this challenge, @Abs53!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much for organizing it :raised_hands:

I agree with @christine4- actually writing out our good qualities is a surprisingly difficult task! :laughing: I think self care and self love are often pushed aside in society in favor of humility and self-sacrifice. There’s an awful trend for people to degrade and talk badly about themselves- some think it’s funny, but I disagree. I hope this trend changes soon! Life is better when you love the body you are in and the person who are. It’s so important to have places and communities that encourage this self support and self positivity :hugs:

For my own dosage of self love, I have to look back at my accomplishments! I’m proud that I finished university (even if it took me going to 8 schools to finally get my B.A :laughing:). And I’m proud of traveling the world as a solo female. I’m working on my creative skills and happy to say they are improving- mostly painting and writing. I work magic in the kitchen (in every sense!) and I can make a killer chicken scampi if I do say so myself! Like others have mentioned, I love my eyes. I used to think they were a very boring brown- but recently I’ve noticed the intricate specks of gold and hazel green that shine when the light is just right. Our eyes really are “windows to our souls”- look deeper, and see the beauty we have inside ourselves! :sun_with_face:

It is a pleasure reading about everyone’s strengths and highlights! We are truly blessed with many gifted, wonderful, and warm-hearted folks here :heart:

10 Likes

I needed to come back to this post today, I’m not feeling the self love with so much on my mind about a couple of things that I just can’t shake. I’m not myself that’s for sure. I used this post to remind me of the things that I am capable of everyday and how I am helpful and shining every day that the little things shouldn’t get to me so much.

5 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself hon. It’s going to be alright. You are a bright shining soul and the universe is here to help you along. Yes, there are some tough times but it will get better. If you want to talk just pm me here or on Facebook. I should be around all day today.

5 Likes

@Amethyst thank you, I’m trying to get rid of this feeling, it’s like depression creeping back in when I don’t want it to. I put the Florida water mix in my diffuser, I got the recipe from the harmonizing oil that was posted, but I can’t remember the post I found it on. It smells amazing though. I made actual Florida water yesterday and my house smelled so good for a while. I project a lot and I need to stop doing that to myself.

5 Likes

Sounds like you’re doing okay despite the creeping depression. I’m proud of you for making Florida water, that sounds complicated! I bet it did smell good, all those herbs. You’re doing good sweetie, remember that. :hugs:

5 Likes

OH, it’s not hard at all, you basically choose the herbs from the ones provided and let them simmer in the vodka for about 30 minutes. It fills your house with wonderful smells. I added a cup of moon water to it. Then I saved the remaining liquid for cleansing and the herbs for I don’t know what yet. The smells in the diffuser are drops from essential oils. I can’t remember which ones I used, but when I go back into my BOS I will send them to you.

5 Likes

Thank you! That does sound good. Now to see if Kroger’s sells vodka. LOL.

4 Likes

Sending a big virtual hug @Susurrus :heart:

4 Likes

I didn’t buy any fancy vodka, you just need a pint. But it smells amazing

3 Likes

Thank you! I will shake it off, it’s really out of my control so I shouldn’t let it take over my brain and everythings. It’s just the way my anxiety and depression work together to bring me down. The difference is I am fighting to knock them down and keep getting back up when I fall.

4 Likes

Yes, but I can only get to Kroger’s and I’m not sure if they sell anything but wine. I may have to buy the premade Florida water off Amazon, which would be a shame.

3 Likes

You have some amazing accomplishments @BryWisteria! :heart_eyes: You should be very proud of yourself. I think you’re so brave to travel alone. I wish I did some solo travelling… maybe I will in the future! :crystal_ball:

5 Likes

Oh that would. Because it’s so easy to make. I wonder if you could sub out the vodka for moonwater. That’s what I have in my diffuser because you can’t put vodka in the diffuser. Lol

3 Likes

@BryWisteria that is pretty amazing. I remember when I was a single mother I went to night school while I was working full time. I graduated with my associate’s degree on the dean’s list with high honors. I was so proud and when I thought it was something great to tell my son about that I did, and he wasn’t as excited as I was lol

5 Likes

That would work I suppose. Like making tea to clean with. LOL.

2 Likes

Lol yes! Just like that!

2 Likes

I am crafty. I love to make crafts and I’ll try pretty much anything! I’m also a great listener and I try to be a fixer. I’m also a big animal lover. I would rescue every one I see if I could. Hubby has to put his foot down once in awhile. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Depression is real and not something that can be controlled so don’t be so hard on yourself. I try to do something I love to do when I feel it creeping in. Sometimes listening to music or making crafts. Something to occupy my mind. But some days you have to let it happen. Sometimes you can’t fight it but you can’t wallow in it either. That’s when I get a pen and paper and dump it all out! And if you ever need to talk let me know. I feel safe in saying there are many many people here who care and would be willing to talk with you.

10 Likes