Sharing Spellwork

Is it safe to share your spellwork with others? I’ve heard that secrecy is important, so I don’t want to ruin anything by telling someone about any spell. Or does it matter much?

10 Likes

My opinion I think it is safe. I have had two of my friends share theirs with me and I have shared a few with them and even off of here at Spells8.

11 Likes

It’s completely whatever you are comfortable with doing. If they are a good friend of yours & you want to do so, then go ahead! Even if you just gave a generalization & not specifics if that is what you are more comfortable doing, that is fine too.

Ultimately it would be up to you & what the spellwork is for or the intentions whether or not you share it or any specifics with anyone.

9 Likes

I have heard both sides – both yes and no – and I honestly don’t feel like it’s bad to share spellwork.

If I have an active spell going, I may only share it with a few people until it’s finished. I only do this because I have an online presence and I don’t want unsavory people to know what I’m doing. So, if I were casting a protection spell, I wouldn’t say anything about it online until it was done so that anyone seeking to work against me couldn’t. I’m not saying this would happen, it’s just an anxiety thing for me.

I also don’t share all of the ingredients I use in all of my spells. This is for the same reason as above, but also because I use a lot of region-specific ingredients. I want to encourage others to explore what they have available to them rather than bulk-buying herbs or ingredients and having them shipped across the world. Again, personal preference.

The idea of “To Be Silent” comes from The Witch’s Pyramid. I believe this was originally to keep people from parading around and telling everyone about witchcraft back when it was illegal in most countries. Now, I think it has become a part of secrecy for the sake of tradition and mystery.

I say do what you feel is right. I don’t think you’re going to mess anything up by sharing your spellwork with people. There are a whole bunch of us who do it on YouTube and we’re all just fine. :heart:

12 Likes

Megan, my friend waits until her active spells are done before she shares them with me if I should happen to ask. Which I think is a good idea. You mentioned Youtube and we do it here as well, LOL.

10 Likes

Learnt something new today, thankyou for raising this. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Since it seems I’m safe to share spells, I would like to share how high my flame was during my spell to pass my driving test. It was the highest flame I’ve seen so far! I am proud to say, I passed my test and am now a proud permit carrier. Thank you all for sharing your opinions, I learned a lot myself!

12 Likes

Squeek look at that flame, I love when I see my candle flames this high as I am into Pyromancy and reading the flames. I am so happy for you and congrats on getting that drivers permit. It is the best feeling in the world. I also noticed that your candle in the back has a nice good flame to go a long with it even if you were not using that one for your intention.

10 Likes

Fabulous. Congratulations. :sparkling_heart::tada:

10 Likes

Congratulations! :clap: that’s so awesome – driving can bring a whole new level of freedom to one’s life. And your spell candle certainly does look promising :candle: I’m glad it was a success!

9 Likes

Hmmmm honestly this has given me a lot to think about. In general, I’m a private person and don’t share personal details freely but the flip side is sometimes I get too comfortable sharing things if I am looking to please or fit in. Something for me to ponder…

Thank you for bringing up the topic!

10 Likes

Honestly I do much the same as @MeganB… I don’t share all the details or amounts of things. I give very general ideas, minus the ones I’ve contributed to the site or found online. Even if I find them online, I tweak them for my own needs or use them as a guide to writing or doing my own. There’s very few things that I will do verbatim that has been written or done by someone else.

It’s just me & my own anxieties & I tend to be a very private person as well. :hugs:

9 Likes

I’m generally a private person too, @Artemisia – I think if I didn’t have a YouTube channel and stuff then I would probably be more open about sharing more of my personal workings. But not everyone in the witchcraft creator community is as nice as we would think and I hold my tongue on some things for my own well-being :sweat_smile: I think it’s good to keep some things to ourselves, too!

7 Likes

Agreed. :purple_heart:

I’m a firm believer in taking a step back and re-evaluating things from time to time. This was a good opportunity for that.

7 Likes

Great topic- I’m really enjoying everyone’s responses!

From the magick side of things, I’m pretty much entirely in the camp of “yes” on this one- I don’t have any issue sharing spells, photos of spellwork, or spell details when the spell is about myself with fellow witches :grinning:

That being said, internet safety is a very important thing, so I do leave out non-magickal details (locations, sensitive information). I also avoid sharing a lot of details about anything that involves other people- such as locations, photos, sensitive situations, etc, out of respect for their privacy.

I suppose for those who cast baneful magick (or any other type of spell that someone would want to try to block or undo), keeping the ingredients and procedure secret would help prevent a spell block or counter-attack.

That flame is beautiful- congrats on getting your permit, Amandakay! :partying_face: :heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.