Skies: Beautiful Blue, Perfect Pink, Nostalgic Night, & Everything in Between

Love this photo! I like how the rain blurs the images a bit.

10 Likes

Ooohhh… I have sooo many sky pictures :camera_flash: I’m constantly taking them :laughing: So is my daughter & we send them to each other.

Last evening we had this super quick downpour, my friend text me to go outside…

Right after we had cotton candy clouds

I’ll have to see what I have for recent sunrises, sunsets, skies, I take so many they get lost in my folder sometimes :rofl:

14 Likes

How beautiful!!! I love rainbows! And those pink cotton candy clouds are so pretty :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

11 Likes

Clear skies and a bright sun today.

13 Likes

I walked out & looked left because the sun was setting then right & went… Oooo… Double Rainbow!!! :rainbow: A little after that I went to my back porch & went Aaahhh what pretty clouds!!! :heart_eyes:

I’ll have to find the ones my daughter & I took earlier this week… they are here… just have to search through my pictures :melting_face:

That’s beautiful sun through the trees :hugs:! We have a bright sunny day here too! If I can get to my back porch I’ll see what I can do for a picture!

11 Likes

Beautiful photos ladies :wink::heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

2 pm:

3 pm:

11 Likes

Oh wow! So much beauty! I love how quickly the sky can change :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

9 Likes

On Friday, we were told of a massive solar storm situation happening that could knock out radio communications and mess with the internet. It also brought the possibility of the Aurora Borealis much further south than normal. I have wanted to see the Northern Lights for literally my entire life because they are beautiful and fascinating! So, around 9:30pm on Friday, we took a 10 minute drive to a place with zero light pollution and looked up - and we were treated with an amazing view!

All of these pictures were taken with my Samsung smart phone on night mode :heart: :rainbow: :sparkles:

14 Likes

That’s gorgeous. We had it here to, the Aurora but couldn’t see it.

10 Likes

Aww I’m sorry you weren’t able to see it! :heart: Maybe it’ll happen again in our lifetime!

9 Likes

@MeganB It’s an excuse to go to Norway :rofl::grin:

10 Likes

I knew about the solar flare but don’t really follow the news to realize that we could see the Auruoa in NC on Friday. By the time, I was onboard, between weather and random chance, I didn’t see any last night. Even less chance tonight. Oh well!

Your photos are beautiful! I remember seeing the Aurora as a kid when I lived in Minnesota and Montana. It’s so surreal and almost feel like it should have sound to accompany the movement of the colors.

11 Likes

@tracyS – That’s true! :joy:

@Artemisia – Funnily enough, I almost didn’t know this was happening. My dad sent me a TikTok from a news station and I almost didn’t watch it (we have very different opinions on politics and the news). I agree that sound would make things even better! I’m sorry you missed it :heart: hopefully, you get a glimpse tonight!

You can use the NOAA website to try and track where you can see it! Even if it doesn’t show all the way down in North Carolina, you can still try. The forecast tracker didn’t show the area hitting in Florida but I have friends down there who saw it on Friday!

Aurora - 30 Minute Forecast | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

12 Likes

Looks like a Pegasus in the sky!

11 Likes

It does! When that figure first started forming in the sky it looked like a phoenix! :phoenix:

11 Likes

Beautiful photos :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I’ll hope for the best tonight. Check a few times during the night and see what I see! :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

@Devenne - thank you!

@Artemisia - I hope you were able to see something! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I would have to have been awake to do that! :laughing: But it’s alright, I needed the sleep. I don’t think they were visible in my area last night anyway.

11 Likes