Snow from Alaska ❄️

Beautiful pictures!!! Thank you for sharing them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

That is really cool. I like to smell the air starting this time of year to try to get the scent of spring. I find the air changes and I can sense the upcoming spring. Same with all seasonal shifts. I have to say though that in the past few years there hasn’t been that same warm undercurrent of air as we move into spring. :thinking: I may have to start taking notes.

Snow is a muffler. :slight_smile: I love the peace and stillness a snowy winter night can bring. :snowflake:

7 Likes

Oh wow, May is pretty late in the year to still be getting snow! I think March is probably the latest we’d expect snow around here, although sometimes April likes to catch us by surprise :laughing:

Hooray! I will look forward to seeing them :heart::blush:

7 Likes

I do too, I miss the quiet when it’s gone… but the seasonal shifts here are so extreme (just winter and then a couple months of summer, really) that by the time one is almost over, I’m ready for the other! :laughing:

We don’t always have active snow by May, but the snow takes quite a while to melt. :snowflake:There’s slush and mud and piles of old snow for a long time. Though one year we had snow in June! Go figure!

8 Likes

Understood- the snow does like to stick around once it’s piled up :sweat_smile:

And snow in June!?! Wow! Gosh, I can’t imagine having snow around Midsummer- that seems wild to think about! :astonished: :snowflake: :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Ooohhh… not that we had snow in June… but I do remember when my brother & I were teenagers we had ALOT of snow from a random storm on April 1 of all days! There was close to 3 feet!

I also remember that we were climbing onto the roof of our farmer’s porch & jumping into it. Then abruptly told to stop because Nana was holding her breath every time she saw one of us come down.

I couldn’t go to work that day & no school. We had a lot of fun & then we were coralled to Nana’s for hot chocolate, a talking to, & her chicken soup.

She was always feeding us, even when she was less than excited about what we were doing :rofl:

6 Likes

Aw what sweet memories @Susurrus :heart: :snowflake:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.