Snow from Alaska ❄️

My daughter and I went for a walk last night at 8pm just after some fresh snow. We live in an area of Alaska where significant melt doesn’t usually start to show until about April, when the Canadian Geese and swans start to return. You can ‘smell’ the ice though, which is a sign of the Earth waking up. :earth_americas:

I wish you could see the sparkle from the snow. It was like tiny diamonds as we walked… like glitter in a snow globe. And the snow was fluffy, and everything is so quiet this time of year. You almost have to whisper! :snowflake:

Anyway, enjoy!

17 Likes

Oooh @Melora_Fae this is Surreal Beauty! :snowflake: :heart_eyes: :hearts: I loooove these pics so much! Truly, the snow does sparkle as if right out from a fairytale…
I :white_heart: Alaska!

10 Likes

Ooohhh… those are still beautiful pictures of the snow! I remember seeing it like that in Northern New Hampshire too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: & the smell of fresh snow :snowflake: & the ice!

We don’t have any snow here, we had a warmer than normal January & a lot of rain starting around Christmas each week… so it howling winds & subzero, but you can hear the moisture thats frozen in the trees crack as they bend with the wind.

Gorgeous pictures & you can see the glimmer of the diamonesque snow :snowflake: :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing such gorgeous pictures!

11 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed them @Solasta_Amore and @Amethyst :heart:

@Susurrus When we lived in Washington we had lots of rain around Christmas… sometimes snow, but it would just become slush!

12 Likes

It’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

We’ve have had a few snows that remind me of that this year, but lately it’s either too cold to really snow or rain. And it’s so disappointing because I love being out during or after a fresh snow! The rainy days that turn everything icky and icy are not a favorite of mine.

Also, I LOVE the quiet that snow brings! It’s amazing to be out in it!

13 Likes

I love these pictures @Melora_Fae! Gorgeous - makes you really appreciate the earth and seasons and how Mother Earth will regenerate and show her different forms at different times and places!

Thank you!! Xo

11 Likes

I agree 100%! I do love rain, but in the summertime with thunderstorms and the hot sidewalk smell.

And thank you @jan_TheGreenWitch , Alaska has some pretty significant weather and seasons. It’s like living in a whole different world out of a different time. I love it. I’ll be sure to show how light it is here during summer solstice! It’s wild.

11 Likes

It’s like a fairy tale! Oh! I love snow… I rarely get it… but I love it! Once, when I was about 12, we were living in Ohio and it snowed and my mom allowed me to go outside to sled by myself at night. I remember walking while it was snowing and it was so quiet and so sparkly and magical. It’s a memory I will always treasure! Thank you for sharing!

11 Likes

While these pictures are beautiful, I’ll keep my Texan “winter”, lol. Growing up here, I don’t do cold, for us that’s anything under 50°F.:rofl::rofl::cold_face::cold_face:

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing these photographs with us. They are beautiful.

10 Likes

@AileyGrey I totally agree! It’s so magical. I’ve always loved snow too. I’m so glad you have that memory. :snowman_with_snow: :sled:

@Amaris_Bane aside from living here very briefly in my early years, I was raised in the middle of Arizona, if you can believe it! Waaaay too hot for me though. I joke that I’m a polar bear. I’d wear shorts and sandals when my friends thought it was cold lol! :snowflake: :fire: :cactus:

@Ancient_Queen you’re very welcome :heart:

9 Likes

Gosh, I love the images especially the one where you can see the individual snowflake glistening in the might! :snowflake: :white_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you @Artemisia :snowflake: me too, I love taking the time to look at all of their unique shapes when the snow is fresh like that! It’s so beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

These are mesmerizing to look at- you managed to capture the glitter of the snow so well, it looks like a sparkly crystal up close! :gem::sparkles::blush:

Really lovely to see, thank you so much for sharing them @Melora_Fae! :heart:

7 Likes

You’re very welcome! I’m excited to share photos with everyone once the snow is gone, too. :herb: :tree_of_life:

7 Likes

Spring is coming! It’ll be here before we know it :seedling: :blush: And hooray- I can’t wait to see more of your pretty pictures! :heart:

7 Likes

Very pretty! I can imagine it is even more wonderous in person

8 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

8 Likes

Thank you @DragonDancer and @robin77 :heart:

@BryWisteria our spring / summer is here by May so we still have quite a bit of snow left! But I’ll be sure to share pictures throughout the year :heart:

8 Likes