Snow Magick 22 inches and counting in NH!

I Love the snow! I live in Oregon in the Highest town in Oregon, we are at 4800+ ft with the mountains around us over a mile high. We received 5 inches two days ago, it has melted off, but we are expected to get a huge storm and get another 5-8 inches… and have high winds of up to 55 mph… so more like blizzard conditions… I love it, have a great woodstove, lots of wood and if power goes out can still do coffee and cook!

6 Likes

Sounds lovely @roxanne! Stay warm and safe. More hot cocoa or tea! :slight_smile: :heart: :two_hearts: :snowflake:

5 Likes

@walter you inspired me… I didn’t put on mittens so my hands got cold and I had to work fast… but I got this made…

5 Likes

Awe! He’s too cute!! Love it! Yes I hear that! Too cold without gloves! Reminds me of the snowman form the cartoon “Frozen”…

5 Likes

Wow! Roxanne! That sounds amazing!! Enjoy it!

5 Likes

Very cute! I like its little hat!

4 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst.

4 Likes

You’re welcome, sweetie!

4 Likes

I think I will be lucky if I still have my Dad at New Years. He has not been eating and prefers to stay in bed. I have had the kids on Zoom with him and they are processing their grief. I try to stay strong for everyone and keep focused but I am sure things are slipping through the cracks and if I don’t respond right away to your wonderful posts… please, be patient with me.

@Walter - I want to thank you again for the wonderful pictures you sent through and your beautiful musings about winter and all its glorious magic. My Snowman looked a little cold and lonely so I played a little outside… distracting myself from the reality I am facing … I used only what I could find outside. The string was actually left over from my garden tie backs I left it on the deck thinking the birds might like it for nesting materials, but they left it for me.

5 Likes

Again! Love it! It’s a very witchy snowman! Sorry to hear about your dad. My positive thoughts for you, and your the family.

4 Likes

I’m sorry about your Dad. It’s always difficult to watch your parent go. Even though Mom had been bed bound for years when she passed I was all like who is going to take care of me now? You know? Take your time with your posts. You Dad and family are more important right now.

Love and blessings to you.

4 Likes

That sounds like a mix between beautiful and scary, @roxanne! Stay warm and safe! :fire::two_hearts:

Adorable snowman, @Berta! :snowman_with_snow: But I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know he is in the best of care and is a very lucky man to spend this precious time with his loving daughter. Love, light, and big hugs to you :heart::candle:

5 Likes