So I found my deity... At least the very first one

This morning I get up and make a mug of tea and I sit down at my altar, light my incense and the candles for the god and goddess and get my candle ready for my guided meditation. After the audio was over on the meditation I decided to sit in the (extremely rare) silence and faze at the flame as I focused on unblocking my crown chakra and connecting to my higher self when I noticed the flame of the candle for the Horned God flickering and dancing about. There was no draft and it is kinda protected from any drafts anyway because of it being placed in a corner. So without pause I picked up my pendulum (because strangely enough when I gave the mini altar a makeover I decided to add my dowsing board and pendulum to the table) and attempted to make a connection. And it was a success. I identified my deity as Frigg, wife of Odin! Not at all who I expected because I was certain I was receiving signs pointing to Rhiannon but cool I’ll take it. And it made complete sense from what little I know about Frigg. I have a lot of research to do obviously but I’ve also got a lot of non spiritual cleaning to do today as well so my research will be on hold until tonight. But I was wondering in the mean time of any of you have worked with her or have any tips on working with her that I can include on my deity dossier when I make my page(s) on Frig this evening?
I am stoked that after 8 months traveling this path I’m on and not even really concerning myself with figuring out who I’m supposed to work with that She found me. I literally never really put any thought into working with one specific deity and as a rule of thumb tend to just call upon ones that are connected to my intentions/needs for guidance or assistance but Frigg made presence VERY clear this morning and was sure to give my pendulum strong definite answers though she was not so willing to share her message for me only that we’ll be working together on cleaning out the garbage (that info I had to pull out with a tarot reading :woman_shrugging:t3: seems as if my deity is a stubborn one with conviction :joy:)
Thanks in advance for any help y’all may have for me. I’m really looking forward to learning about and from her but for now I need to get started on the cleaning in my house. Blessed be :pray:
everyone. It’s gonna be a good day. I can feel in in my soul!

19 Likes

@phoenix_dawn congrats. That’s great news. I hope you enjoy working with her and have a great day

11 Likes

Siofra, Goddess loves all her children and eventually she will make herself known. Congrats.

11 Likes

Congratulations! I’m not big on Norse mythology but isn’t she supposed to be a Seer or something?

Good luck researching!

9 Likes

Congratulations :clap:t2: this is exciting news!!

9 Likes

@Amethyst yeah she could see the future and was also the only one aside from Odin himself to be able to sit on Odin’s throne and look out over the 9 worlds

9 Likes

Thank you! I’m pretty excited. I’ve somehow developed 3 pages of info on her. I most definitely was not trying to identify a deity this morning when I sat down to meditate. I just was trying to unblock my crown chakra and center myself to have a good day before I started on my housework. I guess Frigg was the force behind getting my butt up to do it today unbeknownst to me :joy: it was such a strange experience for me because it felt surreal like I was watching it happen from outside my body.

10 Likes

Congrats, @phoenix_dawn- that is amazing! I’m so happy for you that you were able to connect with your deity :heart:

I don’t work too closely with the Norse pantheon at the moment, but it does sound like Frigg is a lovely deity. I found a video where a Norse Pagan gives an offering specially for Frigg with apples and the sunrise- it’s beautiful, and perhaps it may help you find some offering ideas!

May Frigg watch over and guide you :pray: Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

That’s amazing :heart_eyes: life never turns out how you plan. This time is for the better!!! I’d suggest research all you can and when you’d like to work with her, give an offering in exchange. Then let us know how it turns out :relaxed:

8 Likes

Very cool!

8 Likes

Congrats! It’s funny how life doesn’t turn out the way we expect it to. When I was ready to start working with deities, I began researching the Celtic/Irish pantheon because of my heritage. Only for the Greeks to claim me as theirs, lol. I don’t know much about Frigg but I’ve heard she’s amazing to work with.

9 Likes

That’s just it no one knows much about Frigg. the information I have been able to find on her is scant and contradicting because some accounts link her to being one in the same with Freya (which has tons of information about her swirling around) and then other accounts list them as completely separate entities all together even break down the Norse pantheon into 2 sub-pantheons and pointing to the possibility that Freya was actually Odin’s granddaughter (which is interesting in itself) I’m still digging through everything I can find and just kind of compiling information on both of them in a sort of “pros/ cons” style sheet for now but I decided to start at the top and start with members of the Norse pantheon and build a family tree and just go ahead and read up on all of them in hopes that Frigg’s story will appear woven into the pantheon history of others somehow. She is already making it clear that she’s a bit stubborn but it would make sense to connect with her because I am going through divorce and the pregnancy and all.
I have to say though, I do not believe accounts linking her to Freya as the same goddess are accurate just because when I first made contact with Frigg, I asked her to reveal the first letter of her name as I used my pendulum and when I received the letter “f” Freya was the name that first came to my mind. But I asked her if her name was Freya and was told no so I did a quick search for female deities whose name starts with f and Frigg’s name was there and so I asked if she was Frigg and got a resounding yes in my mind and my pendulum gave me a yes answer before I even finished the question. :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

:blush: …you know what they say about politics and religion…

7 Likes

Ah indeed… Which is precisely why you will rarely hear me speak on either with folks. BUT given Frigg specifically told me (with the assistance of my pendulum of course) herself that her name is NOT Freya… I said what I said. #sorrynotsorry :woman_shrugging:t3::joy: @Undomeher

7 Likes

Isis was known as the Goddess of 10,000 names. So Goddess can be called anything she wants.

7 Likes