Solar Eclipse Spell TW ⚠️

Not sure how to put trigger warnings, but: pet death, ptsd, disorganization, eating disorder

Hello my lovely new family!

So, as many of you know, I lost my beloved best friend. She served as a service dog for many years. (Last January she was attacked by a pit bull and I had to retire her).

I have severe ptsd which gave me executive dysfunction. What was once natural is extremely difficult.

I was held captive for 3 months by a man and a woman. (I’ll spare all of us the pain and details). But upon my escape… I ended up gaining LOTS of weight (almost 100 pounds). And my house looks like a tornado hit down inside.

Well, since Annie has left the physical realm… I am in line for a service dog soon. Sounds like the puppies are already in mama’s tummy.

I’m told Annie will probably choose my next dog. :innocent:

So, I need to get the house in order for my new service dog. I’m giving myself 3 months. (I won’t complain if it’s sooner!)

So for the spell Spell For Solar Eclipse: Sun & Moon Candle Magic – Spells8 today… I am focusing on an organized and clean house as well as a healthy body at a healthy weight.

I’d love to hear what you are doing. Please feel free to share. It’s inspiring to hear from all of you… especially survivors.

(Don’t compare your story to mine. Every story is valid and every emotion is valid… I’m learning this. I tend to compare in my support group… such as I’ll say, “well mine isn’t as bad as yours”. I’m corrected, because everyone’s experience is valid and their story doesn’t lessen my pain).

I love you all! Thank you for letting me in this family!

17 Likes

@Lilac I’m sorry for the bad things that have happened to you in the past and you lost Annie. I’m sure she will choose your next dog and she or he will be your perfect match. :heartbeat: :service_dog:

I haven’t thought about doing anything for the solar eclipse until I read your post. The area I live in will see 90 percent of the eclipse. It’s supposed to rain today so I’m curious as to how it’s going to look with the clouds. One thing I’m going to do is make some solar eclipse storm water. I’m going to look into some things, and I will let you know what I decide to do. Sending love to you sweet Lilac. :people_hugging:

12 Likes

I’m so sorry for what you went through. PTSD is difficult. People don’t understand. I also suffer from it from multiple reasons I won’t get into. But, for the eclipse, it’s a rainy day so I’m putting out a jar to collect rain water and leaving it out during the eclipse.

12 Likes

I’m sorry for your ordeal, but with Annie’s help and picking out a new puppy, you can be strong again! Good luck getting organized for the new helper!

12 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful words! I think the eclipse water is a great idea!

11 Likes

Great idea! I’m sorry you can relate to the ptsd.

12 Likes

Thank you very much

12 Likes

You’re welcome, dear heart!

12 Likes

@Lilac A general house cleaning and a house energetic will also give you great strength
the new puppy will give you a lot of joy
beautiful things are ahead in your life!
you have a big hug from me! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

It’s getting dark. I’m getting some storm eclipse water!

11 Likes

We were to get 75%, here in Albuquerque. Yesterday’s forecast didn’t alert us to inclement weather, so I was surprised when I awoke to clouds.

Still, I took out the glasses and holed card with my camp chair. I feel better, now, than when I walked out my door. It was a pleasant social event. Clouds parted on occasion so we could see with the glasses. No leaves on the trees, yet, so no lace shadows.

One former astronomer had a box. I’d never used a box before. He liked my glasses better.

Another pair used sunglasses and watched continuously. I was afraid for their eyes. A Native came by, saying bad things would happen if he looked up, even through glasses but another Native stood with me, asking to borrow my glasses every whipstitch.

People watched the eclipse by their watches. As soon as the high point was past, everyone disappeared! I went in because I was chilled and needed to use the restroom. It wasn’t over, though. Albus was distrusting of me, still and quiet until 1pm. Then he started preening as though he were just waking up in the morning.

The astronomer told us eclipses happen somewhere on earth 18 times a year, but most of them happen over water and aren’t seen.

Oh, I watched half of the movie Ladyhawke before the eclipse, and am eager to finish the movie. For those who haven’t seen it, there is an eclipse in the movie that could break a shape changing spell cast by a jealous bishop. It stars Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broaderick, and Michelle Pfiffer. Caution: it redefines the term werewolf.

10 Likes

Made a candle and a spell jar for protection and healing myself, I feel the chaos around me and need to gain control and mediate.

Spell jar - lavender, white sage, plantain, dandelion leaf and rosemary

Candle - rosemary, sage, lavender and bay leaf

I’m not able to see the eclipse sadly but I hope this ritual will help. Cleansed my home and tidy up. Mediation before bed.

10 Likes

@kirsty4 Aww they’re lovely :sparkling_heart: The jar is beautiful

10 Likes

I’m also sorry and I hope you heal in time, sending love and light to you

10 Likes

How did you like the Solar eclipse @MeganB? I know you watched it from the Cemetery because I’m a fan of your utube channel Round the Cauldron it sounded like such a cool idea to watch from the Cemetery. :heartpulse:

8 Likes

I hope your eclipse magic went well. PTSD is no joke and I’m sure your new service dog (when you get them!) will be a wonderful new addition to your family :revolving_hearts:

It was pretty fun! I was with a neighbor, my daughter, and a bunch of the neighborhood kids. The eclipse was a gorgeous sight to see. We were at 99.3% totality so it was really awe-inspiring. It didn’t get completely dark but it did get dusk-like! I saw the eclipse in 2017 when I lived in Nevada, too, but we weren’t in totality there, either. I would have loved to be in totality but the traffic was intense and I was not trying to travel in rural Maine during mud season :joy:

7 Likes