Special Healing Tea

I.have known abo the healing properties of Chaga for decades. Combined with Burdoch it’s an amazing healthy tea.
So I happened on this and thought some of you might be interested.

10 Likes

I bet I could make this and the healing properties would be wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I am going to bookmark this post so I can refer back to it. Maybe I will use this for our Thursday tea time!

5 Likes

I might be able to pull this one off @John4. I have a white pine that grows on our property boundary. The branches start up pretty high but I might be able to harvest some needles. Just ordered some powdered Chaga… pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to harvest that myself. I keep ginger most of the time and honey so this should be fun. Thanks for posting!

4 Likes

We have a baby pine tree that grows near our driveway! @berta reminded me of this tree! I believe it was one that either Ty or Parker got from school during their Earth Day celebration. They would come home with saplings of pine trees to plant in our yard. They were so small that by the time you realized it was there, it had already been gone over with the lawn mower by my husband. I would try to tell him before he went out, but this was the only one that survived all these years & it has quite a few branches/limbs with the needles on it now.

4 Likes

Just check it out… not all pines are edible… some are toxic.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that video, John!

Chaga is basically medicine! I know Mountainroseherbs sells the Chaga teas and extracts, I’ve been wanting to try it for a while now. Maybe I’ll order the powder like she does in the video.

4 Likes

Oh, thank you! I will do some research on the pines that we have around here.

2 Likes

The video is stunning- and now I am craving Forest Tea! :evergreen_tree: It sounds so delicious and wintery :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hadn’t heard of this before, thanks so much for sharing, @john4! :raised_hands:

Pine should be pretty easy to find, while keeping in mind like what @Berta said that some pines aren’t edible :+1: The Chaga mushrooms may be tricky to find, I’ll have to keep an eye out in the local veggie and herbal stores. :mushroom:

If anyone is able to make this, definitely let us know what you think! :grin:

2 Likes