Spell bags

I want to make up a spell bag what are the best herbs and ingredients for health and good luck :triple_moon_goddess:

13 Likes

For healing, there are quite a lot. Here is the list I have, including some things that aren’t herbs:

• Agrimony
  • Allspice
  • Aloe plant
  • Argan Oil
  • Arrowroot
  • Aspen Tree
  • Balm of Gilead
  • Bay Leaf
  • Bayberry
  • Barley
  • Beech Tree
  • Bittersweet
  • Blackberry
  • Boldo Leaf
  • Carnation
  • Chafe weed
  • Cherry Wood
  • Cinnamon
  • Citron
  • Clay
  • Cotton
  • Cottonwood Tree
  • Cypress
  • Dandelion Leaf
  • Eucalyptus
  • Epsom
  • Fennel
  • Feverfew
  • Fig Leaf
  • Fig Leaves
  • Flax
  • Ginkgo Biloba
  • Goldenseal
  • Heal-all
  • Hops
  • Ivy
  • Jacaranda Tree
  • Lavender
  • Lemon Balm
  • Mango leaves
  • Mistletoe
  • Oak Tree
  • Old Man’s Beard
  • Olive Leaf
  • Onion
  • Pagoda Tree Lanterns
  • Pau D’Arco
  • Peppermint
  • Pine sap
  • Pink Root
  • Pixie Cups
  • Pleurisy Root
  • Plum
  • Raspberry Fruit and Leaf
  • Redbud
  • Rosehips
  • Rowan
  • Rue
  • Saffron
  • Sandalwood
  • Saw palmetto
  • Shepherd’s Purse
  • Sorrel
  • Spearmint
  • Thistle
  • White Bark

As for best, whatever stands out the most for you when you look at a list, is likely going to be best for your situation. A herb can’t be the best if you can’t get it or you’re allergic, for example. (I know you’re not going to eat them, but you wouldn’t want to breathe in any herb dust from something you’re allergic to, anyway.) But if something calls to you, that is best.

14 Likes

Wow, I am impressed. I am not very educated in the area of herbs. This is on my “To Do” list to learn more on this topic so I can be wise when I need to use them. Now I can use this list to start my learning project. Thank you!

Mote It Be
Medea

11 Likes

Hi Kirsty4. Great topic! I love learning from others that have detailed, knowledgeable experience. Feedback is also another favorite way of learning. I am not very experienced with herbs.

Blessed Be,
Medea

10 Likes

I am the same it something I need to work on and learning from others is the best way.

I’m glad this topic will help you too

Blessed be :triple_moon_goddess:

10 Likes

Amazing thank you so much for this list, still not too sure what to add but I will do some research.

10 Likes

Hi Kirsty!

Starborn has you covered with a great list of healing herbs and plants - there are a lot of great ones there to explore!

I also second her wise advice about using what calls to you. Sometimes it can be a game of experimentation to find your favorite herbs, but once you find them you’ll know you can continue to rely on them in the future. So there’s no harm in looking around and exploring different ones to find what works best! :blush:

When looking at herbs for good luck, you’re in luck! There is a neat collection of lucky herbs listed here you can check out:

Herbs-for-Good-Luck-360x240
Herbs for Good Luck

Wishing you all the best as your make your spell bag - good luck and happy crafting! :spell_pouch: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you so much Bry I will have a read and give it a go and will post my bag once it’s complete. I have charms to seal it with I think that could make a great weekly challenge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :spell_pouch:
@BryWisteria

9 Likes

Oh, exciting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m looking forward to seeing it. I know it will be great, given the care and consideration you’re already putting into it. :black_heart:

9 Likes

Aww thank you I can’t wait to start crafting, I really should make them more often. This is the beginning of the spell bag so far

10 Likes

@kirsty4 I love it. It looks great. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I agree- that is a fantastic idea for a challenge! Thank you, Kirsty, I have added spell bags and pouches to the challenge to-do list :spell_pouch: :blush:

I know it’s still in the works, but I think it’s already looking great! Nice work, Kirsty! :sparkles: :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Aww thank you :slight_smile: I will post the end result

8 Likes

@kirsty4 I love it! :two_hearts::heart:

9 Likes

Spell bag completed.

Spell jar - good luck and health

Bergamot - Money, prosperity and sleep. Protects from both evil and illness. Good for luck and wealth. Increases magical power. Element Fire. ( still to add I’m sure I have this herb)

Bay Leaf - Protection, success, purification, strength, wisdom and healing, also increases psychic powers. Element Fire.

Sage - Used for self purification and cleansing. Helps grief and loss. Healing and protection, also increases wisdom. Element Air.

Alfalfa - Money, prosperity and a happy home, also anti-hunger. Generosity and luck. Element Earth.

Lavender - Magical uses include healing, sleep and peace. It also promotes chastity and love. Increases longevity of life, tranquility and happiness. Element Air.

Candle - dressed with rosemary oil, obsidian crystal, amethyst crystal and lavender and sage herbs.

10 Likes

Honestly it depends on the spell. all herbs are great for spell bags .

10 Likes

Ta-da! Look at that beautiful bag, it turned out lovely. Congrats, Kirsty - may it serve you well! :spell_pouch: :blush: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Beautiful! Such lovely work! :silver_heart: :black_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you I think it has inspired me to make them more often :spell_pouch:

8 Likes

@kirsty4 It looks amazing, so cute. You inspire me to make some :partying_face:

8 Likes