:spell_pouch: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Spell Bags & Pouches

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Rock Magick :rock:

I hope you and your rock buddy(ies) had fun! If they’re feeling crafty, bring them along - this week we’re getting creative with a special type of handiwork in the Craft.

The theme for this challenge was suggested by the wonderful @kirsty4 and is…

Spell Bags Pouches Challenge

:pouch: :sparkles: Spell Bags & Pouches :spell_pouch: :sewing_needle:

Spell bags and pouches are spells that exist within a container. They function in the same way as spell jars and witch bottles, but are housed within a bag as opposed to a jar or bottle.

Spell bags can be made with a cloth bag made of natural fabric. You can make that fabric bag yourself or buy it already made. Keep in mind that it must have a cord that allows you to close it at the top.

From Spells8: Spell Bags & Jars

Because these spells live within a container, they are protected and are often designed to last over a longer period of time, offering long-term magical benefits to a witch.

This challenge is a sibling to the previous Spell Jars & Witch Bottles Challenge - so grab some fabric (or a ready-to-go pouch/bag/wallet/purse) and let’s get crafting! :grinning: :purse:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about exploring spell bags and pouches - but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Spell Bag for Contacting Spirit Guides by @Jeannie1, shared in Spell Bags

STEP 1 : Spell Bags & Magickal Pouches :spell_pouch:

This challenge is all about spell bags and pouches - but how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:magic_wand: Get Crafting!

Ready to make a magickal bag of your own? Here are some great recipes and ideas you can follow along with to make your own magickal pouch based on the intention you choose!

Restorative-Sleep-Moon-Pouch-360x240
Restorative Sleep - Moon Spell Pouch

Pocketful-of-wealth-360x240
“Pocketful of Wealth” - Spell Bag for Abundance

Amber-Stone-Love-Spell-360x240
Amber Love Magnet Spell Bag

Curse-Breaker-Pouch-Recipe-360x240
Curse Breaker Spell Pouch

Safe-Travels-Spell-Bag-360x240
Safe Travels Spell Protection Bag with Bindrune

Family-Unity-Charm-Spell-Bag-360x240
Spell Bag for Family Unity and Peace

Wiccan-Spell-For-Getting-A-Job-360x240
Door Opener Chant & Spell Bag for Getting a Job

True-Love-Magick-Bag-Spell-360x240
Spell Bag to Find True Love

Pocket Full of Sunshine Spell Pouch
Happiness Spell Pouch from the Spells8 Email Newsletter

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore spell bags and pouches in another way, you are welcome to do so!

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

@MeganB’s Spell Bag for Recovery, shared in Healing Spell Bag

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, April 30 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-04-30T11:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

updates spell pouch
Safe Travels Pouch & Spell Jar, shared in Updated Safe Travels Spell Pouch

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Kirsty's spell bag
Spell Bag for Good Luck and Health by @kirsty4, shared in Spell Bags

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Fill a pouch with magickal things,
Then tie it neatly with a string
Near and far bring it along,
For a spell that works all day long!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :spell_pouch: :sparkles:

23 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make a couple of these! Perfect timing for this challenge! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

16 Likes

Oh amazing I forgot how beautiful my spell bag was and it sure worked, I will be making another and will post will need to get crafting

16 Likes

This is a nice one! I think I will choose one of the suggestions :thinking:

14 Likes

Challenge entry

Black spell bag - keeping negative energies away

Dragons blood cone - cleanse the house

White candle - dressed in lavender oil, bittersweet, white sage

Jar - bay leaf, bittersweet, white sage sealed with candle wax

Obsidian crystal - protection and warding off negative energies

Spell scroll will burn with the candle when I’m ready to use.

20 Likes

Perfect timing! I have some dried flowers that I’ve been wanting to use to make a pouch.

18 Likes

So, a box of pouches fell on me yesterday for a reason! :laughing:

I joke. But I’m genuinely excited about this one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Let’s see what I can do…

17 Likes

The jar and pouch are so beautiful, @kirsty4. :heart_eyes: You’ve done such a wonderful job with it.

17 Likes

Aww thank you, I do love crafting them.i love Reading about each herb and what their magical uses are. Then I thought about these will help to make my spells last longer. Can’t wait to see other spell bags :spell_pouch:

17 Likes

I love making spell bags, can’t wait for this challenge and, I think i know what one to do.

16 Likes

Challenge entry

Me: Oh, I don’t know what intention to give mine…
five minutes later
Me: Okay, I need this, this, this, oh, and some of this, too!

I decided to add to my collection of protection items and recharge my protection mirrors at the same time. With myself and my works becoming more and more visible to the world, I need more protection from intentional and unintentional negative energies. :smile:

These are the ingredients I chose for protective purposes:

• Basil
  • Bay Leaf
  • Black Pepper
  • Cinnamon
  • Clove
  • Shell

As I lit a candle dedicated to protection as well, I came up with this on the spot to accompany it:

With protection in mind
And so, in kind
Let these items three
Shield and protect me
From things I can and cannot see.
So mote it be.

The partner of the CTO at my last workplace goes for walks whenever she can. On one of those walks, she collected a bunch of shells for me. I recently found this white shell from her and decided to include it in my bag.

She is a lovely older woman. We used to talk a lot about things that are wrong with the world and how we’d like to help people. But she’s been through a lot, with multiple health scares between her and her partner. So, in a way, I suppose I’m invoking her strength into my protection by including the shell from her. :black_heart:

I originally wanted to make the curse breaker pouch from the suggestions, but I do not have any sandalwood in chip form. I might get some next time I get paid from work and do it then. :smile:

19 Likes

Oh fun!!! Lots of options and I love creating. Should be a nice way to spend part of tomorrow.

14 Likes

So beautiful :heart_eyes:!

15 Likes

Very excited for this one… been wanting to make one for protecting my inner child… thwy have been coming up a lot…

16 Likes

This is my entry:
I did a experimental one just for this challenge

17 Likes

Oh, I do love spell pouches :spell_pouch: & jars :jar: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just took mine out the other day that I carry with me each day, then some things happened yesterday… I was thinking that I need to make one for… not exactly sure, maybe multiple things :thinking:

I’m alrwady overthinking this… so going to finish my coffee :coffee: & see if I can narrow it down a bit more :laughing:

@john1 I like that fabric & the jar inside the pouch! Looks freat, I hope your spell pouch works the best for you!

@starborn I think there will be some protection properties with mine too. I need to get back to being visible withon the world. Been a bit of a recluse this year.

14 Likes

Hi everyone! Well, I just can’t seem to get my *&$# together with time :sob: :sob: I keep starting the Challenges, then next thing you know…it’s over. I hope I can get this Challenge done on time. I have a few idea’s.

Blessed Be,
Medea

14 Likes

Very creative John1! I am going to try my hand at homemade bags/pouches.

Blessed Be,
Medea

14 Likes

@Starborn I love reading your Challenges and posts as well as many others here, our Coven and learn but I really am enjoying everyone’s creativity. This is going to be a learning lesson for me as I am not very good displaying any real talent. I have said before I can draw stick people like a pro. but that is about it.

Mote it Be,
Medea

14 Likes

I disagree! You have talent. You’re compassionate, caring and concerned for others well being. When I first starting working with Loki, you were the first one to reach out and advise me to exercise some caution. You have a great knowledge of the runes, and wonderful insight. These are great talents lovely :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes