Spell suggestions... All hands on deck please?

Now I am worried about my daughter. I am wondering what kind of father I am being to her, and what harm I might be doing to her unintentionally. Will it be hard for her to find a man like me (if such is her goal)? It seems so like so many people, men and women alike, are racing for the bottom in some sort of sick competition to be the most crass cut throat. If I am, as I believe, swimming against the stream, where will she find the kind of man she deserves?

How do any of us find someone who treats us well?

9 Likes

Yes! They call it the “Gray Rock Method” and it seems to work better than anything else I’ve tried. Basically, you give them nothing energetically. If you have to respond, (my ex and I have two daughters together, so I have to respond when it is regarding them) you give them flat answers with no emotion so they can’t feed off of your reaction.

6 Likes

When it comes to astrology, signs look on others what they lack individually to find balance.
Perfection does not exist but there’s always room for improvement if both parties are willing to listen.
I would keep channel communication open.
Listen to your child and talk at same level.
Give time to assimilate and will come back to talk as friend to friend, not parent-child.

7 Likes

I think of this as the Howard Stern treatment. Stern doesn’t care if you like him or hate. The most effective way to deal with him is “Who?” Then refuse to engage.

7 Likes

Is about Me all the time.

4 Likes

@anon87969570 - Ah, you pose questions with no simple answers! As a mom, I have the same worries you do. My mom was one of the most loving, light-filled human beings I have ever known. She did everything she could to counteract the pain he inflicted, but she was suffering too. Clearly, your intentions are coming from a loving place and that is a beautiful thing. Other than surrounding our daughters in love, and sharing our wisdom, I don’t know.

7 Likes

2 better understand them you have to look into their upbringing.
In Astrology mother represents the moon.
Men get attracted to their mother because of vulnerability.

5 Likes

I can prove you wrong!
Mother’s can love so much that can smother children.
The other side of the coin starts when mum starts neglecting one child to favour another.
It happens amongst animals too.

5 Likes

Human relations are complicated.

6 Likes

I have read a book in Spanish by 2 female psycologists. It’s from women point of view. They’ve became so popular that are now touring the Country filling theatres.
The book title: 10 ways to kill a relationship, you would probably love it.
Men can learn a lot reading it.
I did!
Hope I did not overwhelm you, just love the subject and your input.
Thank you

6 Likes

@basil - Oh, for sure there needs to be a balance. My youngest daughter has autism and is unable to tell me what’s going on in her mind, so I have to communicate with her differently than my eldest daughter. I do the best I can to let them both know that I love them equally, but it’s difficult at times when you throw in the special needs aspect.

6 Likes

As a mother surely you know how to juggle both children, it’s mother’s instinct after all.
Sometimes looking into the eyes is all you need.
Feel sorry for your daughter and wish her all the best.
It’s a girlie relationship, boys could add some sparks to it. We’re usually slow learners.

6 Likes

@anon87969570 we don’t all do that. Not one of my exes is anything like my dad. Well Justin I guess kinda is cause the are both addicted to something and abusive but he’s 2 husband’s and 17 years late

6 Likes

I hope you’re right! Sorry to hijack your thread!

5 Likes

Hey no worries if someone learns from my experience

5 Likes

I totally understand, my Rich paid for a lot of sins he never committed.
I have apologized, but it took several decades. He’s so nice. :lying_face:

5 Likes

Well said little brother, should tell my family that when everyone wants something different!

5 Likes

@Garnet:
I grew in a household with a handicapped mother. Have to admit She tried but wasn’t the best cook in the world. Famous culinary disaster, an omelette with fresh picked cockles that weren’t washed properly. Too much sand!
Her favourite motto was: “eat today, tomorrow you’ll get something different”.
It worked awhile until My sister and I realized that She was tricking us.
At her opposite, my Auntie would cook tasty and varied meals. To my shock, her children were allowed to leave the table leaving unfinished meals.
I feel bad when I have to throw something away, because I know what it’s going hungry to school or to bed.
I used to make an effort to impress my partner, not lately. Meals are much simpler than used to be. Generally enjoys what I make, but sometimes if I serve a larger portion or He’d been snacking, the child tantrum comes into play and I can see it coming!
So, “I cook you eat”…Now I remember where that line came from. The film title: “Torch Song Trilogy”.
I have to many, but must be one of my favourite all time movies.
Sorry Garnet, but Spaniards aren’t famous for shortcut answers.
My partner’s dad famaously said once: for a man, you talk too much…Bless Him!.

6 Likes

I think I would have loved your Mum.

6 Likes

@Garnet
Thank you, she had great sense of humar.
But was not an enemy to have around.
She didn’t have an easy life.
She was a fighter til the end.
Blessed be💖

6 Likes