Spells8 App 2021! šŸ“±

Iā€™m glad to announce that we finally have an App for Spells8! :tada: :tada: :crystal_ball:

The app is free to download and itā€™s basically a shortcut to Spells8, so you donā€™t have to log in from your phoneā€™s browser anymore! The features are essentially the same as the Spells8 site.

Get the Spells8 app for Android here or the iPhone app here!

If you like it, please leave a five-star rating on the app store! āœ°āœ°āœ°āœ°āœ°

If you have any comments or find any bugs, please write a comment here or, as always, use the site feedback category.

Blessed Be! :sparkles:

20 Likes

Forums work as well?

9 Likes

Yes, the Forum works as well in the app. But if you notice anything weird, please let me know!

9 Likes

Getting it now!

9 Likes

@Francisco so far on Android the menu items donā€™t work. I see menu and can expand menu but any options donā€™t do anything. Unable to sign in.

Tem

10 Likes

Nevermind looks like there is a slight delay after touching. Took 3 seconds to get a page refresh.

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we need to work on the speed of the server. I will work on that next!

9 Likes

Iā€™m on the app now and I canā€™t really tell the difference between app and website lol.

9 Likes

Got it! I left five stars and tried to review but my fat fingers couldnā€™t find where to enter the review at. Thanks so much!

8 Likes

I just followed the prompts a few weeks back to add it to the homepageā€¦ I will go to the app store and download it now :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Yes the old solution was to add it as a phone shortcut to the website. Now itā€™s basically the same but without having to use your browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, etc).

Itā€™s more ā€œofficialā€ this way :laughing: but youā€™re right @NoName that itā€™s the same thing lol

9 Likes

:big excitement squeal: I am downloading it as we speak and can not wait to give it a try! Thank you @Francisco for all the work you put in to bringing magical education so easily within our grasps.

7 Likes

Will it allow notification settings in future that we could set. For example when receiving an @ or things like that.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s great news!!! Iā€™m downloading it now!!! Congratulations to Spells8 and @Francisco :grin::pray::partying_face:

7 Likes

Ta-da! :tada: Congrats on the launch of the app, @Francisco- itā€™s looking amazing! :partying_face:

Thatā€™s an awesome suggestion- I second this! :+1: On the desktop version there are ways to set notifications (as well pause them with ā€˜Do not disturbā€™)- I wonder if these types of features could be adapted to mobile! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Iā€™m not going to review this quite yet. But it will get 5 stars. I just want to use it for a few days first.
When clicking links, it opens the webpage inside the app instead of in a browser. I am not able to X out of the linked page I clicked on. I have to completely close the app and open it again.

Another idea for maybe the future :heart_eyes: is to be able to see the lessons and forum with out it being split. This may be my error to and not knowing how?! But once I go to the forum (browser and app) I have to reset app or remove the ā€œforumā€ word from my browser website in order to go back to the lessons and such.

Why is it listed under entertainment? Atleast in my iPhone and iPad App Store it is. Just more curious than anything :blush:

Thank you for all the love you show towards this. It makes being here even better. You didnā€™t see Tom Anderson interacting with you on MySpace :joy:

7 Likes

@Francisco, when I went to log in it timed itself out in like, three seconds. Am I doing something wrong or is it the app?

7 Likes

This is so exciting!! It always gave me issues using it on my browser so I never use it on my phone. Hopefully this works much better. Thanks for the hard work putting this together!

7 Likes

Woohoo :tada:! Thank you @Francisco
Iā€™ve downloaded it and gave it a five star review. No problems or glitches so far.

5 Likes

Awesome, great! Downloaded and am on it now!

Wondering if anyone knows how I can change the Welcome username?

6 Likes