šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club III (Dec 18 - Jan 15)

Seasonsā€™ greetings and well-wishes to all the forum book lovers!

:books::relaxed::heart:

Thank you to everyone who joined in for the second reading session!

For those who havenā€™t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club II- Readerā€™s Reviews.

As of today, the third book club reading session has now begun!

Letā€™s get started

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for 4 weeks
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading! :open_book::sparkles:

5 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• The Curious Lore of Precious Stones by George Frederick Kunz
    [available as a free ebook through Project Gutenberg]
    @TheTravelWitch

• Year of the Witch by Temperance Alden
    [Available on Amazon, Scribd, and probably others]
    @MeganB

• The Witchā€™s Book of Self Care
    by Arin Murphy-Hiscock
    Available on Amazon/Kindle
    @Rowan

• Magical Self-Care For Everyday Life by Leah Vanderveldt
    and Rituals for Every Day by Nadia Narain & Katia Narain Phillips
    @Limeberry

• The Spirit of the Celtic Gods and Goddesses @Susurrus

• To Light A Sacred Flame by Silver Ravenwolf @Francisco

• Appalachian Folklore: Omens, Signs, and Superstitions by Nancy Richmond and Misty Murry Walkup @Amethyst
    Available on Amazon/Kindle.

• Happiness in Your Life: Forgiveness &
    Happiness in Your Life: Trust
    by Doe Zantamata
    @praecog29

• Drawing Down the Moon
    @Jeannie1

(((Please add your book above :arrow_up: Thank you! :blush:)))

NOTE: If you did not finish and are continuing your book from last session- feel free to add it in again here!

7 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a guide:

HOW TO EDIT A WIKI POST

Walkthrough on how to edit a Wiki Post

1. On the Wiki Post above (the first reply to the original post) look on the bottom right (near where you click to ā€œlikeā€ a post).
  2. Click on the word ā€œEditā€. You can now change details in the post.
  3. You can copy and paste another entry- write your book title, author, and username.
  4. Donā€™t forget to click ā€œsaveā€ when you are done!

If itā€™s still tricky- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™m gonna keep reading the same book :open_book:

7 Likes

Iā€™m determined to finish this book now that things are coming together & I have more time to focus on my craft & things I enjoy :star2: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

This is great! Thanks @BryWisteria for hosting these reading sessions!

I will use the opportunity to read To Light a Sacred Flame. Iā€™ve had it for a while and read a few passages here and there, but this challenge will motivate me to read it all! :nerd_face:

Iā€™m adding it to the list

6 Likes

@Francisco thatā€™s how I feel about my book. I need to read, read mine too. Not just a paragraph here or there. & with my hand kind of out of commission for a little while, this is one activity that I can do.

4 Likes

Awesome @MeganB, @Susurrus, and @Francisco! Thanks for adding yourselves to the reading list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you all find your books to be thrilling- enjoy, and happy reading! :open_book::two_hearts:

6 Likes

A friendly reminder to book lovers near and far-

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

I hope everyone is enjoying their books so far! :open_book:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

EEp! Thanks for the reminder!

3 Likes

Whew, Iā€™m reading this book slowly because Iā€™m also reading it with a group and weā€™re taking it one week/one chapter at a time :open_book: So I wonā€™t be done with it yet, but Iā€™m still going!

4 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman: itā€™s Jeannie, count me in, I am reading Drawing Down The Moon!
Really great book :books:
I love it so far I am on chapter 3
Jeannie

5 Likes

I was shocked when I saw the date- it seems crazy that weā€™re already almost halfway done with January! :astonished: I needed the reminder too- I gotta get reading! :open_book::laughing:

That sounds like fun! And one chapter per week seems like a good balance to keep everyone on the same page. Enjoy! :books:

Wonderful- youā€™ve been added to the list, Jeannie! :grin: Have fun with your book, I hope it continues to be wonderful for you :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Megan,
Thatā€™s awesome that you are reading with a group! I always use a high lighter.Some people donā€™t like to mark up the book. I like to use the sticky notes!Fyi I always listen to Round The Cauldron, Canā€™t wait to hear your book review, I know you always have lots of great pointers!
Travel Witch,
Thank you for all the links! I canā€™t wait to hear about everyoneā€™s thoughts, itā€™s really exciting! What book nerds we are! Lol I always loved school and know I am not in school I am in school for witches! I am happy learning and being apart of all the events!
Merry Part
Jeannie

5 Likes

I agree, @Jeannie1! If I really love a book and know Iā€™ll be keeping it, I also leave sticky notes and the occasional comment on the pages- itā€™s a great way to make your book personal and special :open_book::blush:

I love this- you said it perfectly! Cheers to learning and reading together :books::partying_face:

5 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Keep an eye on the forums! :eyes:

giphy

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, January 22nd . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books:

4 Likes

This reading session is closed. Please share any new posts in the current Book Club reading session.