📖 Spells8 Book Club XIII (Dec 10 - Jan 7)

Wishing a warm welcome to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books: :blush: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session (Reading Session XII)

For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XII- Reader’s Reviews .

As of today, the thirteenth book club reading session has now begun !

Spells8 Book Club

Time to read!

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4 weeks ]]
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

99ed8ae76d615c5cfbd0140d9f7f7690
Gif by Debbie Balboa on Pinterest

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

sev_4-libraryroom2-200
Gif by Jessica Chavez: The Library

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

6 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• The Cup of Destiny by Jane Lyle
    @TheTravelWitch

• Psychic Visions Novel (“Today’s child”) by Dale Mayer @SingingWitch

• A Guide of Spirits: A Psychopomp’s Manual For Transitioning The Dead To The Afterlife by Chris Allaun
    @MeganB

• Celtic Tree Magic: Ogham Lore and Druid Mysteries by: Danu Forest @Susurrus

• The Little Work: Magic to Transform Your Everyday Life by: Durgadas Allon Duriel @Amethyst

• The Divine Arcana of the Aurum Solis - Using Tarot Talismans for Ritual & Initiation by Jean-Louis De Biasi @Temujin_Calidius

• The Spirit of the Celtic Gods & Goddesses: Their History, Magical Power, & Healing Energies by: Carl McColman & Kathryn Hinds: Foreword by Courtney Weber @Susurrus

• Tending Brigid’s Flame by Lunaea Weatherstone @christine13

• This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron @jem1

• The Modern Witch’s Guide to Self Care: 36 Sustainable Rituals for Nourishing Your Mind, Body, and Intuition by Tenae Stewart @Murphy

• A Little Bit of Palmistry by Cassandra Eason @Rowan
    Witchery: Embrace The Witch Within by Juliet Diaz @Rowan

• Tending Brigid’s Flame by: Lunaea Weatherstone @Susurrus
  • Witchcraft Therapy: Your Guide to Banishing Bullsh*t and Invoking Your Inner Power By Mandi Em @Torista

• Celtic Mythology by: Sofia Visconti @Christine13

• Wicca: a guide for the solitary practitioner by: Scott Cunningham @themuslimwitch

• Sex Magic For Beginners by Skye Alexander
    @IrisW

• The Witch’s Book of Self Care by: Arin Murphy-Hiscock @Susurrus

• Introduction to The Akashic Records: How to understand the Akashic Records, hear the story of your soul & connect with the Devine knowing by: Cheryl Marlene @Queenie_H

10 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

7 Likes

I got my Cup of Destiny (a fortune teller’s tea cup for tasseography) that I am super excited about :blush: I think I’ll share a review of the whole package in the forum, but I’ll be reading through the guidebook for Book club this month :open_book:

I remember you shared your book details in the Book Club FAQ, @SingingWitch- I hope you don’t mind that I went ahead and added you in to the reading list now that it is live! If you’d like to change/remove your entry, it is a Wiki Post (editable) so you can do so! :+1:

Blessed reading! :books:

7 Likes

I got A Guide of Spirits from the publisher to review a few months ago and I’m trying to finish it. I’m honestly not that into it but I feel obligated to finish it :laughing:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria My greetings! Thank you very much. I have started to read the book 2 days ago and it wasn’t what I expected. I have found much more information about Tarot on the internet… Aside I have started lately with cartomancy because I don’t have my tarot pieces yet… This book is very lame and it’s a little too complicated. It’s not easy understanding. So What I wanted to ask is a reentry with another book. However I didn’t pick the book yet and I was aking for any recommendations. A link for free downloading materials leading to a book talking about Psychic abilities. How to develop them and master them?

Thank you!!!

5 Likes

@SingingWitch hi! I’m sorry that the book wasn’t what you expected. You have a few options though!

You can leave a review for the current book without finishing it, so others can see an opinion before they decide if it’s something they want to look into.

Or just start a new book with no review given.

As you finish & start books throughout the book club, all have to do is edit the Wiki post with the new book each time you start a new one. I have done 2 & 3 books throughout a Book Club session. It makes the book club that much more interesting too! :hugs:

Book Title and Author:

Status? :

My overall rating of the book : /10

How does this book relate to my magickal practice?:

My personal thoughts/opinions:

An interesting quote from the book:

All in all, would I recommend this book?:

7 Likes

@Susurrus Thank you. I ll do it as you say. If you come up on any free book about Psychic abilities. I would enjoy reading it.

Best,

G.

6 Likes

Whee! I’ve been looking forward to this book and saving it for a good book club moment!

6 Likes

I will keep a lookout. I have Kindle for my ebooks though, the subscription does give you access to tons of free books or is greatly discounted. I come across them every once in a while though, a great website for spirituality, empathy, & abilities to start with is the LonerWolf site & their Abilities Tests, they will direct you to different parts of the site with articles about all kinds of things to with topics related to yours. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus … I found the site. Smack dab when I needed it. Very simple … I ll try it out: Tests ⋆ LonerWolf

I also downloaded kindle. Hoping I find something there. Thank you!:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Absolutely! Let me know how it works out for you! Happy Reading!

6 Likes

Happy reading too! @Susurrus

6 Likes

Hi @BryWisteria Thank you! It’s ok and it’s well done. I just had to edit the title. I could easy switch through another choice…

Have a nice weekend​:fire::pray:

5 Likes

@Susurrus Once again thank you! I found my book on kindle and many more.

Blessed be!

6 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XIII - Readers’ Reviews!

Good morning! I finished 1 book & started another last night! I hope everyone has a great day!

I put the review here so I don’t lose it or forget to do it. That is totally in wheelhouse lately. :rofl:

5 Likes

@MeganB Haha I know the feeling! Since I came back to the USA I’ve been sorting through my old stuff I haven’t seen in two years- there are quite a few books on the shelf that I never got around to reading but don’t want to give away yet either. I keep telling myself I’ll get around to them eventually- maybe someday! :laughing:

@SingingWitch You’re very welcome! And no worries at all, sometimes books aren’t what we were hoping they would be- but there is always value in the experience! Like Siofra said, feel free to share your thoughts about the book and why it wasn’t what you were hoping for. Your review may help someone else who is considering reading it- it can really help others! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As for free physic books, why not check the open access free public e-librarys: Project Gutenberg Library or Rosicrucian Library? Maybe you’ll find some free interesting books there! Good luck and happy reading! :blush:

@Amethyst May your book be worth the wait- I hope it exceeds your expectations! :heart:

@Susurrus Congrats on finishing Celtic Tree Magic, Siofra- that’s awesome! And it sounds like you’ve already jumped into your next book too. I hope you enjoy it, blessed reading! :books::sparkles:

6 Likes

In all honesty, I had started the Celtic Tree Magic before the last book club had ended & was just waiting to add it to the current one. So I had a head start. I’m not that good. :joy:

5 Likes

I would really like to talk about the book I started today called This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron!
I’ve only read a few chapters but I already love it.
It’s about a girl called Briseis who can control and grow plants.When her aunt passes away she inherits a family home in rural New York so she and her moms decide to stay there for the summer.But,Bri’s birth family have a terrible secret.
This books is steeped in greek mythology form the name of the main character,to the name of her birth mother,Selene,and her aunt Circe and the dark goddess they worshiped who is definitely either Hekate or based on Hekate.
It’s a really good book for anyone who likes YA or books with mythological references and I am so excited to read more!

7 Likes