šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XXI (Sep 16 - Oct 14)

I deeply admire Hekate, as I do Lilith. I would be very interested to learn how you find this book to be. Iā€™ve read a couple of short novels and one truly comprehensive online source about Hekate and find her kindness and generosity uplifting and intriguing.
Thanks for this info!

7 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week (Friday, Oct 14) :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books :open_book: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be! :books::sparkles:

6 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m backing out until I get through the next few weeks with appointments. Itā€™s that time of year! :rofl:

5 Likes

I finally finished chapter one of Mystical Dragon Magick! I think that was the longest chapter of the book.

Conway mentions that you can talk with others about how they can pass through to each of the rings, but to keep the details of your own personal journey to yourself. Maybe the reason for this is so people wonā€™t think that everyone has to have a similar (or the same) experience to know that the messages from the dragons are authentic?

I have come to the conclusion that in order to pass through to the second ring, you must achieve balance in your life. I meditated with my Dovah Mindopah (Dragon Teacher) and I learned what that is. Conway wasnā€™t exaggerating when she said that it will likely take no less than six months to pass through to the next ring.

6 Likes

I love books! Reading is one of my greatest hobbies since I was a kid. I remember being a little girl and seeing my mother with a book in her hands, completely absorbed.

I know I cant talk about a book I donā€™t have yet, but I hope my boyfriends realizes how much he loves me and Buy it!! :rofl:

Iā€™m truly obsessed with a book called ā€œThe witchā€™s guide to the Paranormalā€ since I love all the paranormal stuff (Iā€™m a little medium, so ā€œunderstand correctly what Iā€™m seeing or feelingā€ its important to me).

Anyway, Iā€™ll make a proper entry when I have it!

4 Likes

Iā€™ll wait for the review! Iā€™m thinking about buy it (even when its not translated to Spanish and I will have to buy it in English :scream: ) Is it worth it?

4 Likes

It is definitely that time of year :joy: I held off from getting a book this month thinking that Iā€™d focus on an online class I wanted to take insteadā€¦ but itā€™s been so busy I havenā€™t done that reading either :upside_down_face: So I feel you 100%!

Iā€™ll just be eating up everyoneā€™s book reviews and living vicariously through everyoneā€™s fun book adventures and reading :laughing: :+1: :two_hearts:

If that is the reasoning, I can definitely see the value in it- while it can helpful and be reassuring if your journey aligns with someone elseā€™s, it can be really discouraging for those who have a different experience, even if it is just as valid as anyone elseā€™s.

Congrats on finishing the first chapter and on working towards the second ring- it sounds like it will time time and dedication, but youā€™ve got strong will and great work ethic, Kasandra. If you set your mind to it, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll achieve your goal! Good luck! :sparkling_heart: :dragon_face:

It sounds like a great match for your talents! :blush: I hope the book of your dreams will be in your hands soon, and that it is even better than you hope it will be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXI - Readersā€™ Reviews!

Alix Harrow and I went to the same college. She started the year I graduated. She is brilliant and an amazing writer!

7 Likes

Holy Moly! Thatā€™s amazing!! Youā€™re soooo lucky to have known her. She is an incredible writer! My Masters is in Creative Writing and the way she uses words makes me want to turn my degree into a paper airplane. Her talent is just unbelievable. The way she paints the picture is just beautiful.

Do you keep in touch with her?

4 Likes

No, our school (Berea College) is very small and close knit, so we knew each other (maybe knew of each other would be better). She and I were in very different majors so paths rarely crossed. She is lovely though.

5 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

magic book
Gif from Giphy

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, October 21 . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

1 Like

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session or the Book Club FAQ.