šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XXV (Feb 3 - Mar 3)

Ohhhh my interest is hooked :eyes::sparkles:

Megan is right on- it is completely okay and it sounds like a great read for book club! Thank you for joining in, @helenc, and I hope the remaining 30% or so continues to be a blast to read for you. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing your final thoughts on it! :heart:

Happy Reading! :sparkles::books:

5 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week (Friday, Mar 3) :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books :open_book: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be! :books:

4 Likes

Ahā€¦ more pressureā€¦ I was doing so well! :laughing: Iā€™ll get through it. Iā€™m enjoying it so far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Pressure be gone! :raised_hands: :grinning: It is totally fine to carry over a book from one session to the next. The deadlines are there as just a guideline- relax and enjoy your book at your own pace! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m glad to hear that you are liking it so far- I hope itā€™s great right up to the final page! :open_book: :blush:

4 Likes

I know, I just like to finish books kind ofā€¦ not all at once but without long spaces between reading, I find myself going back at least a few pages to refresh my memory about how I go to where I am in the book :laughing: Iā€™m weird :nerd_face:

I did wind up finishing it though! It was really good for me & some things I was likeā€¦ ā€œOh! I remember that & now I can write it down so I always know where it is!ā€ I would remember that I had read or seen something & want to do itā€¦ then couldnā€™t remember where I saw it or read it :rofl:

I have my next book for the next session ready to go too! Iā€™m so excited to be able to participate in the book clubs again! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Wooohoooo! Congrats on finishing your book, Siofra- it sounds like it brought a lot of useful things back. Itā€™s always fun to re-read a Craft or Craft-related book and see the difference in where you were when you first read it versus how far youā€™ve come :blush:

Ohhh Iā€™m excited too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And curious haha- may I ask which book you picked out? :grinning: :books:

3 Likes

@BryWisteria absolutely :100:

So still on the rereading & reinforcingā€¦ since I found so much in the last one that I had remembered & some that got ā€œput awayā€ by my brain from a little over 2 years agoā€¦

Brigid: History, Mystery, & Magick of the Celtic Goddess by: Courtney Weber :smiling_face: Iā€™m excited by this one too!

I had changed the The Flame :fire: post narrative I believe last week to sections of her English translated story of Bethu Brigte. This week is likeā€¦ Part 2 of the story. So its really helping me more too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Still reading Wicca By Scott Cunningham. It slow but progressing. I guess other things have been taking my attention and i have been really lacking in my craft latelyā€¦ Looking for work and attending interviews is like a full-time job in itself! :blush:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, Siofra! Itā€™s always fun to have a good book that you enjoy reading, but itā€™s a whole next level of enjoyment when the content is something you can put to use right away. Iā€™m happy for you and I hope you continue to enjoy your reading! :books::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Agreed! The job search is often more exhausting than the job itself will be- it really is a full-time job looking around and doing interviews. Hope it is all going well for you, and that you continue to enjoy your book whenever you can! :grinning: :two_hearts: :open_book:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXV - Readersā€™ Reviews!

Yes i do put in little bits of time here and there. Job hunting is just exhausting and the ups and downs of having hope and then not hearing back is just how it goes, but i tell myself there is always good that will come from hard work so i keep at it and try not to dwell on what was rather what could be :blush:

2 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

200w

Gif from Giphy

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, March 10th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

1 Like

This reading session has closed- thank you to everyone who joined in! If you have a book review or comments to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post in the Activities Category :books: