Ingredients:

8 ounces whole-wheat rotini
1 (5 ounces) package baby spinach, roughly chopped
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
¾ cup reduced-fat milk
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired
2 teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 (14 ounces) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, squeezed dry, and chopped (see Tip)

Directions:

Step 1

Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.

Step 2

Combine spinach and 1 tablespoon water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add cream cheese and milk to the pan; whisk until the cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, garlic powder, and pepper; cook, whisking until thickened and bubbling. Drain as much liquid as possible from the spinach. Stir the drained spinach into the sauce, along with artichokes and the pasta. Cook until warmed through.

Tip:

Tip: If you can find frozen artichoke hearts, they also work well in this recipe. Thaw before using.

Nutritional Facts:

Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
Per Serving:
371 calories; protein 16.6g; carbohydrates 56.1g; dietary fiber 7.9g; sugars 6g; fat 9.1g; saturated fat 4.4g; cholesterol 26.2mg; vitamin a iu 2827.2IU; vitamin c 16.9mg; folate 9mcg; calcium 239.7mg; iron 3.1mg; magnesium 37.2mg; potassium 397mg; sodium 550.1mg.

Exchanges:
3 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 high-fat protein

Recipe Courtesey of Eating Well.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing! You find some of the greatest recipes in your travels!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! This one is low calorie, if you can believe it! It sounds so scrumptious!

2 Likes

Wow. That’s great though especially for the upcoming barbeque season! It would be something good to bring to friend or neighbor’s house.

2 Likes

OOh, that would be a good pot luck recipe! I hope you like it if you try it out!

2 Likes

I was never a big fan of artichoke, but it looks like I could substitute it with extra spinach and perhaps broccoli too :broccoli: :spaghetti: Another yummy summer dish- thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst ! :heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with broccoli, or green onion even. Good luck with it!

2 Likes

Sounds Yummy!

3 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like it!

2 Likes