Spring Cleaning and De-clutter

Hey All,
This is a spot for us to keep accountability when we are trying to rearrange and declutter our homes and spaces. Please feel free to join us. The original members of this thread are: @celineelise @marsha @tracyS @Artemisia

19 Likes

Yeay you did it! Woohoo. Now I’m really accountable :rofl:

16 Likes

I have a new system for that if I don’t use it within 6 months I toss it or sell it

17 Likes

@john1 Fabulous, the chaos in me changed every system I’ve ever set up :rofl:, but I’ll give it another go. :grin:

16 Likes

I just found this!!! Wheeeeee, thank you!!

15 Likes

I’m equal parts excited about this and anxious! The thing that gets me stuck is figuring out which items are worth selling, where to sell them, and how to price them. Money is a huge trigger button for me but that’s another post/therapy session topic :laughing:

Plus the decision paralysis thing… too many choices? Ok. I won’t decide :sweat_smile: Yes, I am a mess.

17 Likes

I literally have been putting off decluttering my closet & linen closet because it’s too overwhelming. Well, today I took 15 minutes to do both and got them both re-arranged, decluttered & was also able to dust and re-organize my bookshelf next to my bed as well. Felt so liberating!

16 Likes

@john1 Good System John!

15 Likes

Thank you :heart:

13 Likes

I made some progress this evening after work. I was able to clear off the floor so i can walk into the closet now. And gor ride of 5 grocery stores bags worth of stuff that will go to goodwill tomorrow. I will give it a second go tomorrow after work… thanks for the accountability it makes me do things when I get to share my process… i think it is my :libra: libra sun :gemini: moon and libra ascendant :libra:. I gotta talk about shit and share it.

15 Likes

Well done guys. We can do this. I wanted to start with the garden, had sun yesterday (finally!) so had plans this morning to declutter but it’s raining now :person_facepalming:, no excuse, get out there, I’m used to the rain. :rofl:

15 Likes

I have to join as well xD I have to sort out my office room that has been neglected for about 2 years now and transformed into a very messy catch all room :melting_face: The rest of the appartment is clean and tidyish but the office is pure chaos xD

Btw, my favourite way to declutter is with Marie Kondo’s system. And everytime I feel not motivated I play her show on netflix to cheer me up and do the job :see_no_evil:

16 Likes

Ok rain is sooo bad. So my dvds, and books.

That’s just one load :rofl:

13 Likes

@celineelise Thanks for making this accountability post!!

Me too!

My list is feels long it becomes overwhelming. In my house, if I done champion/push things along, they don’t happen. I realize now that I haven’t yet put a spell on my kids and hubby to make them want to clean :joy: :mage::magic_wand:

So, I will start with (not in order)

1. Basement: clear out remaining books and other extra crap.
  2. Clean out trunk of car ( so I can transport books to local store)
    3 Affix light to post or get rid of it if no longer needed

Yikes! My timeline: 2 weeks Sunday as I am supposed to paint the bathroom this weekend.
So how does this accountability post work? Will someone chase me with a figurative broom :broom: if I don’t get it done? :joy::wink:

13 Likes

:laughing: @Phoenix_Rose nope I wont be chasing you. But ill cheer you on and you can post what you get done. Does anyone else wanna chase Phoenix?
mindless-behavior-thinking
Tenor
Will this motivate?

15 Likes

I mean I am a runner… I could chase @Phoenix_Rose :wink: :laughing:

14 Likes

@celineelise- too funny- that witch is a bit motivational. :joy:. Thanks for cheering me on. :grin:

@Artemisia I am not a runner, so I will get the stuff done so no one has to see me bent over gasping for breath after 500 meters. :joy::joy:

12 Likes

@tracyS wow :open_mouth: that’s alot of books!!

12 Likes

@Devenne It’s too many, but I’m wanting to hold onto them. :rofl:

12 Likes

I just want to remind everyone that we have a Member Item Exchange :heart: If you’re looking to get rid of things and want to offer to the coven first, this is the place to do it!

Note: You must be logged in to see the member item exchange as it’s housed in A Sacred Space

14 Likes