1 egg

2 teaspoons lime zest

1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons lime juice

¼ cup white sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine the 2 teaspoons of lime juice with the milk, and let stand for 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the lime zest and milk mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and blend into the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the glaze, stir together the remaining lime juice and sugar. Brush onto cooled cookies.

Nutritional Facts:

105 Calories
4g Fat
16g Carbs
1g Protein

Recipe courtesy of All Recipes.

11 Likes

Ooo, thank you for sharing! Spring cookies are always great & we are always looking for new things to try for the seasons! :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! I think you could perhaps do these with lemon too! Wouldn’t that be nice in your tea?

7 Likes

Oh! Lemon would probably really good too! I like to put a splash of lemon :lemon: juice in my chamomile tea :tea:

6 Likes

Ohhhh Yummmm! :drooling_face::drooling_face:
It just so happens that I have all the ingredients on hand! :upside_down_face: And my husband loves cookies! They’re his guilty pleasure :laughing: I just might surprise him and my son tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Wouldn’t that be great with a black tea blend? Very fancy! LOL!

I hope they work well for you! You’ll have to let us know how the family likes them!

4 Likes

Butter cookies with some zesty lime? That sounds delicious! :star_struck: What a creative take on a classic cookie- I bet these would be wonderful with Earl or Lady Grey tea. That bergamot flavor in the tea would probably be pretty tasty with lime cookies :yum:

Awesome recipe, @Amethyst- thank you so much for sharing it! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, Bry! I saw Spring and Tea cookie and couldn’t resist!

3 Likes

Ooh love this! Been into baking lately. Gonna try this!

Question though…does white sugar here mean, powdered sugar, or not?

4 Likes

I’ve always read “white sugar” in recipes to mean the regular granulated white sugar, but I could be wrong! I imagine they would both taste the same when used in the batter, although the texture might be a bit different :thinking:

4 Likes

I would go with granulated sugar in the baking, although if you wanted to make the glaze with powdered sugar that might be interesting.

4 Likes