Mineral Family: Muscovite Schist, Quartz
Structure: Nesosilicate
Hardness: 7-7.5
Chakra: Third Eye :eye: Root :deciduous_tree:, and Heart :heart:
Zodiac: Pisces :pisces: :fish:
Element: Earth :earth_americas:
Planet: Earth :earth_africa:
Color: Red, Brown, Black

:fairy: Straurolite AKA Fairy Cross or Fairy Stone naturally occurs in cross shape at a 60ยฐ or 90ยฐ angle.

:fairy: In 1792, it was officially recorded as Straurolite. J.C. Delamethrie coined the name from the Greek word โ€œstaurosโ€ meaning โ€œcrossโ€.

:fairy: This mineral has a heavy presence in the U.S. but mainly in Cabin County, Georgia and Patrick County, in Virginia. In VA, thereโ€™s a large park named Fairy Stone State Park, where an abundance of the mineral is located.

:fairy: For centuries, itโ€™s been highly valued by Christians as a talisman for good luck and protection. A resemblance to a crucifix, Straurolite used to sit atop church entryways in the Middle Ages.

:fairy: An old folklore tale about the stone ties it back tits ancient name, Fairy Stones. It was believed that once Mother Earthโ€™s fairies heard of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, they bawled tears never before seen. These sad droplets rained down on our planet and became hardened upon contact.

:fairy: This mineral is known to have fakes, due to the shape and lore behind it. One way to easily identify if a piece is fake is by looking close to see if any air bubbles exist. You can also feel for air bubbles. The bubbles are created in a very hot oven that leaves traces of oxygen. Also, if you end up encountering a few from the same dealer, be sure to look at them all together. Do they resemble each other? Straurolite is much like humans, with each piece being unique to the next. Artificial Straurolite is made from one single-shaped mold, having each piece identical.

:fairy: Straurolite activates and aligns ones Third Eye, Heart and Root chakras together. These vital points alone are very powerful but when combined, ones spiritual path has no limits.

:fairy: If you place this stone over your forehead and allow yourself to enter a deep meditation, watch as your mind becomes imbued with new thoughts and ideas. Much like dreaming, this state of mind can feel distorted and may be lost shortly after your session has ended. Itโ€™s important to take action with this info and apply it towards your life.

:fairy: Straurolite is a reminder that we control our own fate, but we need to listen to the ones helping us along our journey. Donโ€™t be afraid to listen to your own heart as well!

:fairy: The unique connection this stone has between the Heart and Third Eye chakras allows one to see the pain we normally hide. It forces us to face these negative emotions and move on from them. Straurolite helps provide emotional protection and bring to light the inner strength one posseses within. (Sounds like a great shadow work stone to me)

:fairy:Other Properties:fairy:
Peace of mind, passion, nurturing, opportunities, meditation, new beginnings, manifestation, emotional healing, life path, leadership, living in the present moment, soothing, wisdom, trust, trauma, strength, self discovery, claiming wholeness, connection with nature, compassion, growth, inner peace.

Ok so I have no e of these lovely fairy stones but Iโ€™ll link up a picture for you, unless anyone wants to share theirs down below. :grin:

8 Likes

Wow!! So much info, thank you! <3

3 Likes

Thank you, Staurolite, and also to the wonderful Christina for always keeping us inspired! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love how it seems that Staurolite has ties to the Fairy World. This would be an amazing stone to place in a fairy garden :fairy: :blossom:

2 Likes

I would love to find an authentic dealer to buy some and add to my daughterโ€™s and my fairy garden. Thatโ€™d be pretty neat!! :fairy:๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๐Ÿงšโ€โ™‚:house_with_garden:

2 Likes