Substitute for calendula flower/oil?

Hi everyone, so i want to try the happiness spell bottle pictured in this weeks weekly challenge, and i do not have calendula flower or oil. I haver tried searching my book of shadows, Spells8 and the web but cannot seems to find a substitute. Atm i am thinking to use chamomile flower which i have here. What do you guys think?

6 Likes

Looking back at that jar spell, it looks like the correspondences they’ve associated with calendula flowers are happiness and strengthening the heart. You can substitute anything that makes you feel that way! My first thought was daisies as they’re still a yellow flower.

I don’t think I would substitute for chamomile since it’s already in the jar.

4 Likes

I second @MeganB’s suggestion :slight_smile: I’d also consider subbing daffodils if I were doing the spell for myself because they always make me happy and feel very grounding and protective to me :blush:

6 Likes

I’d use dandelions because they’re so stubborn and strong and always make me smile.

6 Likes

That’s a good point about dandelions, @Amethyst! I didn’t think about them that way, but now I do! :smiley: Playing off the stubbornness of dandelions, part of their stubbornness is that they demonstrate the ability to rapidly evolve and adapt to their environment! As dandelions are cut back with each mowing of the grass, they adapt by not growing as tall as before so that they can try not to be cut down again. That’s pretty stinkin’ cool if you ask me! :nerd_face:

[Note: I remember hearing that dandelions grow back shorter when they’re cut down, but now that I’m trying to find a source for that information to share, I can’t find anything about it, so additional research on that is necessary before that claim is either confirmed or found to be untrue.]

Dandelions would also be a good choice for this spell (in my opinion) because the English name “dandelion” comes from the French for “lion’s tooth,” so if you choose to incorporate that lore into the intentions going into the spell bottle, you could incorporate that fierce lion energy with the “I’m going to adapt to anything that comes my way” energy into the bottle as well :slight_smile:

Of course, these are only my thoughts and perspectives, but correspondences are very personal and adaptable, so at the end of the day, the best items to use are those that you feel work best with your intentions, @TheMuslimWitch :green_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you! They always pop out in the sun too! Dandelions are some of my favorite flowers.

5 Likes

Yes that’s true… I never thought of daisies…Thanks

3 Likes

Dandelions are very easy to come by here and there are always some growing in the front and backyard… I might try that thanks…

3 Likes

That is a very good explanation about dandelions… Yes and since my zodiac sign is Leo and my element is fire, dandelions seem like a good choice…

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope it helps!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.