Substitute for Lemon balm?

Hi, so as my title says, what common plant can i use for a substitute for lemon balm? Lemon peel? It is for a dream vision sachet…

4 Likes

For dreams, I suggest…

:herb: mugwort
:herb: lavender
:herb: jasmine
:herb: marigold
:herb: rose

– All except lavender come from Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Herbs for prophetic dreams.

A few notes about mugwort if you choose to use it.

:heart: Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It’s LIKELY UNSAFE to use mugwort if you are pregnant. Mugwort might cause a miscarriage because it can start menstruation and also cause the uterus to contract.

:heart: Allergies: Mugwort may cause an allergic reaction in individuals who are allergic to the Asteraceae/Compositae plant family. Members of this family include ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many other herbs.

:heart: In ancient cultures, mugwort was smoked to promote vivid dreams. This is because mugwort is said to produce mild psychotropic effects during wakefulness. A psychotropic effect can be induced by a substance that impacts the mental state of a person.

WebMD and VeryWell Health

7 Likes

Thanks for that. I think I do have mugwort and I am none of those things above and will use with care :heart:

4 Likes

Yea, what my lovely Megan said. Isn’t she just the smartest girl?

3 Likes