Substitutions for Hair

A spell that I am working on calls for a strand of my boyfriends hair. I have searched the house(we do not live together), his clothes, the bathroom, etc to no avail. Then I asked him if I could have some. He doesn’t know. And that was really awkward. So could I substitute other things with DNA. I was thinking cigarette butt? Or does anyone else have an idea for me? Thank you.

3 Likes

Is it a spell for hair? Or do you just need a taglock? I think it would depend on the type of spell it is. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

1 Like

I was curious about the purpose as well. What kind of spell are you trying to do?

3 Likes

It is a “Wandering Eye Prevention” spell. Long story, but my bf of over 3 1/2 years has a bit of a, hmm, stalker, for lack of better word. We had a brief breakup in which they dated but he dumped her to come back. She likes to call every 4 to 6 Mos or sext, and she is very hot. I think she is a witch also from her FB page. I did a freezer spellcstating my intention that she just go away. I wish here happiness and her own man who treats her well, brings joy…and I do. Im a textbook Cancer, compassionate, loving. I just want her to find a man in her sandbox, not mine. I haven’t done the spell, I was just thinking it might make him impervious to her charms. Did I mention that she is very hot and seen the pics to prove it? Yikes!

2 Likes

Break up was 3 weeks

2 Likes

Most men who wander will do it again. You really can’t make someone love you, or make them stay. That’s like magical imprisonment. 1. bad mojo. 2. Bad karma.
Always remember the rule of three with any spells you want to perform. With real-estate, it’s location, location, location. With magick, it’s intent, intent, intent. Best of luck. Blessings

4 Likes

That is a very valid point and one taken. Now in his defense, I was really pressuring him to get married. I see that now. We aren’t kids and this would be both of our 3rd marriage and some men run when confronted with commitment before they are ready. I suppose women do too. And now I don’t want to get married and maybe not even live together full time. Let me explain, I help take care of my mom and he works 3rd shift, so we spend weekends together and 1 or 2 nights a week or days technically. It works

2 Likes

Oh, Sweetie, I never meant to make you feel bad.
Women do wander as much as men. If your relationship works for you. Good on you. Love is such a precious thing. If you find it, even if it’s with a tree, you hold on with both hands. But just remember You can’t love anybody until you love yourself. We all love you. :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Warm greetings, @joy4!

Sorry you’ve found yourself in such a predicament! I’m going to back Barbara’s comment that using magick to influence the feelings of others can be a bit of a grey area.

Love spells are indeed a controversial aspect of magick- some consider controlling and changing the emotions of others to be breaking the Wiccan Rede/ go against magickal ethics, while others see them as completely harmless or even helpful. For me personally, I think it all depends on the situation and the intent of the caster!

From your words and kind wishes to the other lady, I can see that you have good intentions at heart :blush:. I have some magickal recommendations for you to consider that may help your situation:

:scissors: Cord Cutting Spell
Cord-Cutting-Ritual-Spell

While you could cast this spell to cut someone out of your boyfriend’s life, a less invasive approach could be cutting negative forces, bad energies, or even competition in love out of your life. This keeps the ball in your playing field, so to say, and only affects forces that are tied to you.

:heart_decoration: Orange Attraction and Mint Bath
Orange-and-Herbs-Attraction-Bath-DIY-750x500

If it is the attractiveness of the competition that has you worried, perhaps consider enhancing your own attractiveness! This bath ritual increases confidence and feelings of self-worth and releases your inner beauty and attractive nature. It may help you to draw in and keep a mate.

:flower_playing_cards: Divination - Love Guidance

Tarot-Love-Reading-Daily-Witch-750x500

You might also want to consider consulting with tarot, pendulum, or other divination methods. These tools can help guide you to find the answers you seek, and can give you good (although not always gentle!) advice on what road is best for you to take forward.

Wishing you the best, Joy! Keep us updated :pray::heart:

3 Likes

I love all these ideas, even though Tarot intimidates me for now, but I have never really played with. Self confidence, need it by the boat load! And I adore the idea of cutting cords to negative energies and especially cutting out competition from my end. I was truly thinking if I take a person’s free will, what kind of love would that be? I want a true love, not some half-baked imitation. Didn’t Edgar Allen Poe write a tale about a hand that you make wishes to and the man brought back a monstrous version of his wife? Mind you it was over 30 years since I took American lit. Thank you for yalls help.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. You didn’t make me feel bad, not at all.You invoked thought. Always a good thing. Thank you all for the warm welcome and love. I do have “some” shadow work to be done and self love is a biggie. I feel like in this whole process that I can discover who I am, become confident and empowered and share that love. It’s like a big do-over! Looking forward to sharing our futures. Many blessings, Love and Light.

3 Likes

Hmm. I am thinking with the others, you can’t force him to stay. But I do like the idea of cord cutting between him and this person. That would work a treat I bet.

Good luck! I hope it helps.

3 Likes

Sage advise Brianna

4 Likes

I agree with everyone else here, especially now that he knows you’re looking for his hair, he’s going to be wary. I don’t encourage sympathetic magic simply because it’s manipulative and I wouldn’t recommend that in any relationship.

Answering your question: you could use something else that carries the same symbolic parameter to force that connection in your spell/ritual. A poppet lookalike, his photograph, a piece of clothing, nail clippings, etc. It’s not really about the DNA (material) but about an energetic principle (spiritual): “Like begets like”

Good luck!

3 Likes