Sweater Weather šŸ„¶

@Susurrus us too, sweater weather here today for sure, we are airing out the house and trying to get all crops in that are left and planting cover crops this weekend (if Iā€™m up to it!).

6 Likes

Oh yes! I gotta get some juniper berry!

6 Likes

Youā€™re all talking about sweater weather and Iā€™m over here biting my nails watching the weather because of Tropical Depression 9 :sweat_smile: Itā€™s projected to be a Category 3 hurricane by the time it hits Florida.

ā†’ Tropical Depression Nine Could Become Major Hurricane Threat For Florida | The Weather Channel

6 Likes

Oh Iā€™ve heard about it! My father was telling me about it. He justvis like, we are having a hurricane. Iā€™ll be home if you need me. :joy:

6 Likes

haha thatā€™s fair! I donā€™t remember what area he lives in. This one looks like itā€™s headed for us on the west coast of Florida. Weā€™ll know more in the next few days.

6 Likes

@MeganB My daughter lives on the east coast in Palm Beach so she is watching it closely too, if youā€™re on the west coast definitely hunker down and good luck! I lived in Florida for 25+ years until recently so I understand what youā€™re feeling. Love to you and safe passage of this vibes coming your way :cyclone:

6 Likes

He lives inā€¦ Hernando Countyā€¦ Northwest(ish) kind of from Tampa. We usually talk on the weekends & text throughout the week because he drives for the schools in his areas & Iā€™m never sure when he is picking up the later bus routes or field trips or what have you. So I send him little updates throughout the weekā€¦ it always circles back to the weather somehow though. :rofl:

6 Likes

@Susurrus YOU CHANGED YOUR PROFILE PICTURE :scream:

Anywayā€¦yeah, the storm is currently projected to come right over the top of us and it keeps flipping back and forth between a Category 2 and a Category 3. Weā€™re getting ready. Weā€™ve got stuff picked up and weā€™ll be doing more over the next few days depending on how and where the storm goes.

6 Likes

Among the things I donā€™t do normally & never think anyone will noticeā€¦ LMAO :rofl: Itā€™s actually a Snap from when my daughter & I would play with the filters on my phone. It seemed fitting for Samhain coming up :rofl: Besides my profile pictureā€¦ I think my badge :name_badge: has only changed twice from Witch to Empathetic to Master of Chaos :joy: Who knew my picture would change before my badge? I still love :heart: to collect badges thoughā€¦ which reminds meā€¦ I have to work on my challenge entry for this week. :laughing:

We have a lot of high winds :wind_face: coming off the ocean :ocean: so itā€™s keeping us pretty cool during the day & at night we are in the low 50s. Summer heat :hot_face: left & the fall air :leaves: came quickly here this year.

OOOHHHHH!!! I found these 2 amazing books :books: about Cape Cod that I canā€™t wait to peek :face_with_peeking_eye: through! Legends & Lore of Cape Cod & Historical pictures & their origins of the town I live inā€¦ my daughterā€™s first English book project is on a book about something that happened in the 70s & that my father was living in the town during so he knows a lot more than what is in the book, but she doesnā€™t need to know that :laughing: Her English teacher is so happy that she is reading it & hopes she enjoys it.

There are 2 documentaries about the incidents & how they came to be & the afterward. I believe on YouTube or Netflix or bothā€¦ :thinking: Iā€™ll have to get back to you on that oneā€¦

Way off topic, so I am going to stop nowā€¦

I am enjoying hoodie weather though & I am a little sad that now I have to wear my compressions & at least my ankle braces again. Only the hand ones if I use my hands for repetitive things like cutting vegetables up for soups or something.

5 Likes

I will always notice! :laughing: But youā€™re right, off topic!

I actually got to wear a sweater this morning as I was a bit cold. Weā€™re in for lots of rain and wind with Hurricane Ian coming though so sweaters may still be in my future!

6 Likes

My daughter & I were going through our closets & dressers looking for at least light sweaters & any hoodies that may be hiding around the house. The 2 of us are the hoodie collectors here :rofl:

6 Likes

The funny thing where I am in Ontario, Canada, we get snow every year and every year there a tons of people who canā€™t remember how to drive in it! :crazy_face:

This reminds me of a friend I had from South Carolina who was up visiting in the winter and kept slipping. I had to explain to him how to ā€˜snow walkā€™. That was fun. Lol

6 Likes

Lol. I understand. I grew up in northern Ontario. We saw snow in October and we were lucky if it left by April. We also had snow in July on occasion. We had storms each year. We had one storm where the snow was deep enough to cover the doors and a bit more. It took us three days to dug our way out. Thankfully we had a neighbour who had got out ( he had a second story on his house) and came around on his skidoo to check on neighbours.

Now, flash forward about 15 years, I am on my own in Toronto. I wake up to the news that Toronto was hit by a horrible storm, city was shut down, they couldnā€™t deal with the snow, they were calling in the military to help. So being a good northern girl, I got up, layered up, and was ready to deal with a massive stormā€¦.I walked outside saw a foot of snow, a gorgeous day, only -10c, beautiful light snowfall, rolled my eyes and went back in to change because that was not a real storm. It was just a city that didnā€™t have the equipment to deal with any level of real snow. :joy:

6 Likes

Oh my, it happened to me in KY & in TXā€¦ I was likeā€¦ what!!! I was watching the news afterward & was likeā€¦ I hope no one from these states ever go to New England during the winter. :rofl:

6 Likes

Itā€™s finally sweater weather in Texas!!! Yay!!!

5 Likes

Oddly enough we had 1 week of sweater weather, lately itā€™s been moatly in the upper 60s or low 70s. Perfect weather for me & how I feel throughout the day being able to meve easier.

5 Likes

At the beginning of the month, we were above average with highs in the 70ā€™s and 60ā€™s. Now, it feels like January! :cold_face: We might have snow for Thanksgiving. :snowflake:

5 Likes

Well, a couple days agoā€¦ 60ā€™s during the dayā€¦ the last 2 days 50s yesterday & today upper 30s/low 40s with the added benefit of flurriesā€¦ but tonight we get rain :cloud_with_rain:

Time to officially pu out the compressions & knee braces. At least the braces fit under either sweat pants or loose/boot leg pants. I hate them, so only wear them when i have to leave the house. :rofl:

5 Likes