Sweater Weather 🥶

9 drops eucalyptus - Eucalyptus is used to bring fresh energy to a situation, to heal regrets and worries, and to relieve mental exhaustion.

6 drops juniper berry - A powerful hex-breaking ingredient due to the high spiritual vibration it creates. Juniper berries have traditionally been used to attract good people and friends.

3 drops sage - Sage is used to promote wisdom and good fortune. It increases emotional strength and may aid in the healing of grief. Sage is associated with protection and the grant of wishes in magic.

Mix with carrier oil - I like to use grapeseed oil or fractionated coconut oil.

Great scent for this time of year! :nose:

20 ML bottle works great.

:warning:Eucalyptus essential oil is toxic in large quantities so do not use undiluted! DO not use while pregnant or nursing. And also always use caution around animals and small children.

The video below shows the size of the bottles I use for these types of recipes - the video below also has another recipe not the one I listed above. :grin:

10 Likes

Oh, this sounds yummy! I’m going to make some tonight and pretend it is cold outside. We are finally starting to cool down here in Houston, today’s high is supposed to be only 85F and all next week in the low 90s instead of close to or over 100.

7 Likes

I’m jealous! It’s 92 in my part of Texas. But, that is better than 102!

6 Likes

This sounds like it smells amazing! Sometimes I miss sweater weather lol but here in my part of Florida we get a month or so of it around January and February lol

6 Likes

Same here in Texas!! And even then it’s not really sweater weather, more hoody over a T-shirt.

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane don’t forget our storm of the century! It was fun at first, but we Texan’s can’t drive in the snow! Lol!

9 Likes

There wasn’t anywhere to go anyway. The entire state was shut down with no electricity. We can make it through hurricanes, but snow stops us in our tracks! Lol! Looking back, I wish I would have appreciated it more. How can you go wrong with a week in your jammies reading books. Right now that sounds awesome!

6 Likes

We didn’t get snow here in Houston, just ice. I’m my area we lost power for a day but had no water for a week.

6 Likes

We were lucky where I live. The town had no power, we had rolling blackouts. Town had water. If our lights went out we wouldnt have water because we are on a well, so it worked out pretty good for us. i’m looking forward to sweater weather after such a hot summer. @SilverBear if Texas has a blizard this year it’s because @Amaris_Bane put that out to the universe! Lol!

7 Likes

HAHA…It was nice today only 72! It’s currently 63 and suppose to drop down to 40! We went from 100 to 40 in like 2 days LOL

8 Likes

As someone who grew up in New England & then moved to Austin, TX for about a year, maybe a year & a half, when there was a coating of snow & I saw people trying to navigate the roads & black ice. I just stayed inside as they called a state of emergency because it got to be over an inch; maybe 2 inches :rofl:

@SilverBear it was 51 here when I woke up & only got up to 73 here, but cooled right down at 4 PM & now we are in the 60s too! It will be at least in the 40s tonight.

8 Likes

:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: I wouldn’t mind a blizzard… I know how to prepare, lol.

7 Likes

75 to 83 for me, and 50s at night

7 Likes

It was mild for a few days last week in Alabama. The lows were in the 50’s, but this week is calling for record high temps, 90’s,… Again! Makes one appreciate the reprieve no matter how brief, but all too soon, the cold will stick around for a while.

8 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs don’t make me jealous! Today we have a high of 90F (real feel 100F, shade 96F) with a low at night of 77F (real feel 86F). Even with rain coming in, we will still be in the mid-90s all week. :frowning_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: I am ready for our “fall” that will hopefully show up in the next month or two (i.e., low 70s to high 60s).

@joy4 Yes!! I’ll take the little bit of coolness after the summer we’ve had. We got a TON of rain this summer here in Houston so even when it was cooler, the humidity was high making it feel hotter.

8 Likes

Eucalyptus, juniper, and sage- I bet that smells amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It is already “double comforter weather” here in Poland haha. Bring on the warming scents and autumn herbal combos! :raised_hands: :fallen_leaf: :two_hearts:

6 Likes

So one night, it was in the upper 40s, the next night upper 50s, & then come around to last night… low 70s & the day had been in the 80s… after Saturday being in the upper 60s.

Ah… New England weather, blink & it will change in 5 minutes.

6 Likes

It sounds like, rather the autumn equinox and the start of winter, you’re gearing up for summer there @Siofra_Strega! :joy:

But you’re right- the only constant with New England weather is that it is always changing :laughing: I’m sure you’ll have autumn temperatures and beautiful foliage before you know it! :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :sparkles:

6 Likes

No need to be jealous babe, @Amaris_Bane im gonna be back at 90s this week but 70s by the weekend and 40s over nignt

7 Likes

So for a New England flare:

Thursday, September 22: 78 was high & we had thunderstorms all afternoon into the evening. :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :cloud_with_lightning:
Friday, September 23: currently 53 :sun:

It’s New England in an hour it will change :rofl:

7 Likes