5 large eggs, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Lemonade Frosting

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease (with shortening) and flour a 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over tea bags in a heatproof glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and steep for 10 minutes. Lift tea bags from liquid, and press against side of the bowl, using back of a spoon; discard tea bags. Cool tea for 20 minutes.

Step 2

Beat butter in a separate large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Whisk together cake flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup tea, beginning and ending with flour mixture. (Discard any remaining tea.) Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Step 3

Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 20 minutes). Spread Lemonade Frosting on the cake.

Lemonade Frosting

Ingredients:

1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened
6 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Directions:

Step 1

Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and lemon juice just until blended. Increase speed to high, and beat until light and fluffy.

Cake recipe AND Frosting Recipe courtesy MyRecipes.com.

7 Likes

From chai tea pancakes to tea cookies (like the Earl Grey cookie recipe shared- love that one!) tea is sneaking into all kinds of food and I am all for it! :joy::+1:

Sweet tea + summer lemonade + cake = combining some of the best things about summer into one tasty treat :yum: This is a really interesting recipe, thanks so much for sharing @Amethyst! :heart::cake:

2 Likes

Sweet tea and lemonade cake…that’s definitely calling summer!! This sounds so good!!! I’m bookmarking this!!! Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

You’re welcome, my friend! I’m glad you like the recipes I post.

You’re welcome @christina4, I’m glad you like the looks of it. If you make it, let me know how it turns out.

You’re welcome! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

Will do, @Amethyst!! :yum:

2 Likes