Tarot card advice?

I am very interested in learning how to read Tarot cards! But I don’t really know the first thing about them… like I said, I am new to all of this. I have watched the videos and lessons on here, but feedback from others is very helpful! Lol

5 Likes

I would start with a one card draw each day after cleansing & connecting or interview your deck (however you choose to do so)

I cleanse my decks with smoke & say a little blessing… I suppose its a blessing… then I put my decks in my pillowcase for a few nights. Sometimes I do a tarot spread to Get to Know or Interview the Deck… & I keep them in my nightstand or by my side of the bed afterward.

Totally up to you, as far as reading them. It may be easier to start with a 1 card draw each day with a question along the lines of:

• what is my outlook for today?
  • is there anything I should know of today?
  • what should I focus on today?

Before getting into other questions or spreads.

:flower_playing_cards: Tarot Poems by The Gifted and Talented Amethyst may help you with card meanings if there’s no guidebook or you need some clarification.

There’s also Tarot Card Meanings as well as Biddy Tarot & they have a pdf file of the meanings that you can print or reference.

6 Likes

I agree with @Susurrus :blush:

Learning about tarot and learning to read tarot are two different things, in my opinion. You can know everything there is to know about tarot, including the meanings of the cards, and still have difficulty reading them as a divination tool.

Practicing with one or two cards a day is a great way to get started. When you draw the card, really look at it. Analyze the details. What jumps out at you first? What do you notice? How does the card make you feel? :tarot_card: Then go through and look at the traditional meaning associated with the card. If you don’t have a book on tarot, that’s okay. You can get free access to A.E. Waite’s Pictorial Tarot Key on Sacred-Texts. There are also many other free books on tarot there as well!

If you’re interested in seeing how others read the cards we also have our current tarot and oracle draw thread that anyone in the forum that’s logged in can see and use. Feel free to practice there too if you want! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!

4 Likes

Finding tarot a few years ago, was the single most important step that started my spiritual journey. I started with the traditional Rider Waite tarot and I am so glad I did. Learning the “original” cards has made it so much easier now that I use a variety of different decks. I use different decks and also use oracle decks in my daily practice. I looked through a few books at my local metaphysical site until I found one that I connected with.
At first I was very focused on learning “The Meanings” but as time went on I have learned to trust my intuition and look at what’s on the cards themselves and how they interact with each other.
I hope tarot brings you illumination, direction, and joy.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.