Tarot Poem 12. The Hanged Man

I felt up to writing today, so here: have a tarot poem!

!2. The Hanged Man.

Upright:

Enlightenment, rewards.
Wait patiently for knowledge.
The time to evolve.

Reversed:

Waste. Ridged thinking.
Martyrdom and selfishness.
Hanging onto dreams.

17 Likes

Thank you, this was a good little read during my insomnia period tonight!

6 Likes

Got a little dizzy thinking about upright (upside-down Hanged Man) and reversed (right side-up Hanged Man) :joy: Jk- and wow! We have been gifted with another lovely set of tarot haikus, thanks @Amethyst! :heart:

The Hanged Man is one of the major arcana that I struggle with. While some cards seem to have a very solid and defined meaning (or a set of meanings that are closely intertwined), the Hanged Man is a card that covers a lot of ground for me.

You touched on so many of the ways to interpret this card in a quick and easily-digestible way. I can’t say enough how much I enjoy these poems, Kasie! :clap::two_hearts:

7 Likes

You’re welcome love! Glad you liked and I could help you through the long night.

Aww, thank you hon! I’m glad you like them. I mostly read several books and cherry-pick what meanings seem right to me. What I’d like to remember.

7 Likes

Thanks for this new piece in the puzzle of Major Arcana, Kasie! It was subtle and powerful, just like the meaning of the Hanged Man. Nice job!! :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you @Francisco! I’ve always liked the Hanged Man card, it’s one I get, you know? Working for knowledge. I just like it.

6 Likes

I love this. I love tarot cards so much and find so much inspiration from them. Thank you for sharing. :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you found these useful!

5 Likes