Tarot Poem 15. The Devil

I’ve got to admit, I got a lot of my inspiration for the Upright half of these poems from The Christmas Carol. LOL.

1. The Devil.

Upright:

Avarice and greed.
Desperate situations.
Reaching and clutching.

Reversed:

A search for the light.
It’s becoming more hopeful.
Now the chains are lax.

8 Likes

Inspiration is a precious and wonderful thing that comes from some surprising places! :laughing: It looks like watching The Christmas Carol helped provide that spark you needed- and it brought this haiku to life!

I admit I’m not the best fan of reading with reversed cards (that’s double the meanings and possible interpretations and sometimes I’m just feeling lazy :sweat_smile:) but this is one that I always hope to see in reverse! As always I think you captured both sides of this one beautifully. Well done, @Amethyst! :clap::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you, dearest! I’m glad you liked it. I’m not the best at reading the reversed because sometimes it’s the opposite of the upright meaning, like in this card, and sometimes it’s must more of the same. It gets confusing that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Great job again @Amethyst. I think these are wonderful interpretations of the cards. You do a good job with each one.

4 Likes

Thank you hon! I’m glad you like these.

2 Likes

I like what you write, you are very good at it. We have some very talented writers in this lovely little coven

2 Likes

We do! I always love to see what others have written.

2 Likes