Leave-taking, changes.
Stagnation, boredom, fatigue.
Something is missing.

Reversed:

Clinging to the past.
Staying too long in one place.
Someone is leaving.

9 Likes

Great job! I love reading your tarot poems. I can see where it would be easy to memorize or learn the idea of them by doing the poems. Do you find that your interpretations are easier after doing so many of the poems?

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you like them. I find it easier sometimes, it depends on the card. For instance, I almost always get the Moon wrong, because I connect the Moon to intuition and not illusions.

And I use the Robin Wood Tarot which sometimes has a bit different meanings than the regular Rider-Waite tarot deck has. So I look at a book for the Rider-Waite tarot for my meanings but some of the Robin Wood sneak in.

Like the Seven of Cups has a lady with blonde hair that turns into clouds, and those clouds are where the seven cups are sitting. This is why I almost always say that you’re daydreaming different things because your head is in the clouds. It’s just a little different but enough to confuse me all the more. Still, it’s the deck I connect with most and have wanted so I wouldn’t want to give it up.

So. TLDR; yes, sometimes. LOL.

5 Likes

Always so beautiful, @Amethyst! :clap: :heart: I especially love how you worded the last line of the Reversed haiku- “Someone is leaving” feels so ominous and forbidding, it definitely leaves a memorable opinion about this card! :flower_playing_cards:

This is a really great point! I totally agree about the meanings varying from deck to deck. Reading a card feels a bit like a juggling act at times- balancing the traditional meaning, the specific way each deck interprets a card, and personal intuition :woman_juggling:

4 Likes

I loved it @Amethyst thank you!

I can’t wait for 9 of cups :heart::heart::heart: it’s one of my favourites!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love it. Writing thins down as we speak

2 Likes

Thank you, my dear! Glad you like it!

I think that’s why it’s so important to read a couple of general books on tarot on top of whatever book comes with your deck. That way you have as many possibilities open to you. But that’s just me.

Thank you @Abs53! Glad you liked it! I like the nine of cups, I know it as the wish card. I just don’t know if I’ll be able to fit that into a haiku.

Aww, thank you darling! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

These are so great, Im gathering them up in a file and will print them off for myself and my daughters.
Thank you @Amethyst

3 Likes

Yes! The wish card is how I remember it too :blush: I’m sure you’ll do it justice, whatever you ever create :heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome sweetie! I hope your daughters like them.

Hee! The phrase “Known as the wish card” is five syllables. So I think I’ll be able to get that in. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

3 Likes

Yay, glad I could help! :blush:

3 Likes

HEE! You did! I’m already thinking on it!

3 Likes