The Smother Mother.
Jealousy, unfaithfulness.
A drain on those near.

13 Likes

Ooo I like this!!!

5 Likes

Thank you m’dear! Glad you like it!

4 Likes

For some reason it seems to me that the Queen of Cups (in the Rider Waite Tarot deck) is annoyed at her cup. :laughing:

But the booklet by A.E. Waite does mention the “gift of vision” so I think she’s just too focused on something she sees through the cup…

6 Likes

I laughed out loud at “The Smother Mother” :laughing: Very well summarized, @Amethyst! :clap: I am always in awe of how you managed to capture so many aspects of each card so beautifully, all within just a few perfectly-chosen words :heart_eyes:

You really do have a real talent for this! Thanks for continuing to share your lovely poems :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh my goodness I see it :joy: Perhaps she’s having a vision that isn’t quite what she was hoping for :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Very good one!!! :clap:t2:

4 Likes

I haven’t laughed that hard in ages!!! :joy::joy::joy: Bless you!!! :pray:

5 Likes

Great work on this poem! I haven’t done much with my tarot lately, I probably should. They may miss me. Lol :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it’s just that she can’t see that clearly, as the cup lid is solid. In my Robin Wood deck, there’s like a filmy scarf on the cup, so she can see it better.
Or maybe she didn’t get a straw with her cup. Who knows? LOL

Thank you @BryWisteria! Glad I could make you laugh! I was reading something with an overbearing mother in it and it just seemed to fit.

Thank you dearest!

6 Likes

Very nice! I like your poem.

5 Likes

Thank you! I hope they helped you learn the tarot!

5 Likes