Tarot reading question

Hello,

I just did a reading for today.

I pull a top card for what my day looks like them , i look at the card immediately behind that card as further information and I look at the bottom of the deck to see what is underlying all this. It is part of an exercise to just use intuition rather than a specific question for each card. There is a general idea to them.

The first card is the 3 of pentacles followed by the empress and temperance. I see these as work at perfecting my craft, including my work craft. That I am in a position to bring things to fruition, and find some healing and balance.

Now for the card underneath-the 7 of swords, air element, thoughts. Am I deceiving myself? Do I need to watch out for someone deceiving me? Do I have to watch out for me undermining myself?

Or what else do you see?

Thanks!!!

8 Likes

I’m not at full brain power yet – still waiting for the coffee to kick in – but I have different feelings about the 7 of Swords. I actually wrote an entire blog post about it so I’ll just drop that here until my brain finishes turning on :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you for the post! I do like seeing the 7 of swords in a none deceitful way!
However, in this tarot deck the little dragon is trying to take from the bigger dragon - maybe the bigger dragon doesn’t need the bone as much as the little dragon does. I wonder if this can be an inner child moment where my inner child is needing to be nurtured or something completely different.

I look forward to you coffee brain comments :wink:

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose good morning! Even though I have been up for close to 3 hours… I also am not at full brain power… I should probably get to finishing my first cup of coffee :coffee:

I agree with @MeganB, I have mixed feelings about the 7 of Swords :sword_tarot: too… but it is definitely kind of a look at the other cards with it & the situation that it is involved with… sorry, my words are not my friend today :laughing:

With that being said… I can’t properly put the positives of this card into the right words… however, I am going to leave you with a Positive Note description :thinking: (that may not be the right word either :exploding_head:) from Biddy Tarot… Please remember that the description of the actual card is based on the Rider-Waite imagery, but the themes are the same across tarot decks

On a more positive note, the Seven of Swords points out that you need to be strategic in what you do. You know you cannot do everything at once – nor should you. Instead, you must prioritize what’s important to you and direct your focus and attention on the few tasks that will move you closer to your goals. It’s the 80-20 rule: 20% of your work will account for 80% of your results, so focus on the 20%. You may be able to accept some responsibilities or duties, but not all of them. Or you may say ‘yes’ to some projects at the expense of others.

The Seven of Swords also suggests that you may need to use shortcuts or the ‘backdoor’ to get what you want. Rather than dutifully following the process, you may need to find ways to resolve your problem quickly so you can move towards your goals. For example, if you missed out on getting into your preferred course, you might write a letter to the Dean or draw on your networks to get a mid-year entry. You may need to think on your feet and act in a way that isn’t exactly all ‘above board.’

At times the Seven of Swords suggests that you may need to put yourself first to get what you want, even if it means letting others down or putting others off-side. For example, you may be asked to travel for work to attend a high-profile event, but it would mean missing your child’s birthday, so you decline the travel opportunity, even though you know it will upset your boss. Here’s the thing: you can’t be everything to everyone, and sometimes you need to put your own needs and priorities first, even if others may not agree with you or understand where you are coming from.
Biddy Tarot: 7 of Swords Meanings

7 Likes

Coffee brain comments are gone :sweat_smile: – I’m doing a trial of no caffeine – but I think you could be on the right track with the inner child trying to take back something from the adult. I think it could also be a message that it’s okay to let someone else handle some things while you rest. Taking on too much is natural in our modern world of capitalism and cities that never sleep. Maybe there’s someone around you that’s hoping to take some things off your plate but they have to do it when you’re not looking so you don’t get upset or defensive.

3 Likes

Hello!
Thank you! I really appreciate your insight and @Susurrus’s insight into the positive side of the 7 of swords. Here are certain cards that I can only see the negative off- another layer of learning -pull those out and explore the positive side. I am too willing to jump to the negative.

That makes sense of doing too much, maybe there is someone else willing or able to help.
It was a good day yesterday and I did things differently and I didn’t try to do it all. I ended up having a good night with family, a good sleep and a good therapy session and a good day at work where I didn’t get everything done but focused on what I had to get done and I didn’t stress!…that much :crazy_face:

Coffee- dandelion root is supposed to be helpful when someone is cutting out coffee. Headaches can be normal as your body prepares for your regular coffee intake (if you take it around the same time everyday) by dilating your blood vessels as coffee is a vasoconstrictor. Be gentle with yourself!!!

4 Likes

I had a very similar day & felt much better at the end of it! I even noticed that instead of (more recently) early afternoon kind of not exhaustion, but brain fog, tired, & blah… I was pretty okay until almost 5 PM! This is a really big deal for me right now, it was hitting around 1 PM or earlier some days… even today I have felt much better too!

I’m happy :smiling_face: that you got to enjoy your day & time with a good appointment as well! :hugs:

I completely relate to this one too, it also used to happen to me A LOT with reversals :leftwards_arrow_with_hook: I understand the layer of learning with it… It was a difficult learning curve at first for me to break out of that cycle. I will say that it can be done :raised_hands: & may take some time & patience… (patience has also been a BIG learning curve :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Well, for me anyway. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I am also to willing to jump to the negative :face_with_peeking_eye: I’m getting better though :blush:

4 Likes

That is great to hear that your day was better too!!!

Bahahaha you’re preaching to the choir when it comes to patience!

Glad to hear it can be done to see more than the negative of some cards. That is where I like to see how others read things as it adds to my information. It is hard to see information that is outside of my experience. :wink:

3 Likes

@MeganB I am not sure if you saw my coffee comments. Hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

Oh I somehow missed that! :sweat_smile: Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll have to see if I can get my hands on some dandelion root tea somewhere. I’m sure my local health food store has some, I just have to make that trip.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.