Tarot Spell and how to incorporate them

Hi there. I was just wondering if you guys use tarot cards and incorporate them in your spells? I really like to do so once in a while and it gives a little kick to the work.
Here’s an exemple of what I did. This one was to bring justice and truth regarding all the sad events the world is facing right now.

Also I can recommend 2 books from 2 different traditions:

• A Deck of Spells: Hoodoo Playing Card Magic in Rootwork and Conjure (Charles Porterfield)
  • Tarot Spells (Janina Renée)
7 Likes

Hi ! I don’t know how it feels, but it’s theirs to be just beautiful

6 Likes

It looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :pray:

Recently I uploaded this spell for pet protection where I used a Tarot card, the Strength card as an archetype of protecting Nature and animals.

In that spell, I chose to use the archetype represented in that Major Arcana as a prayer card , as I was inspired by Saint Francis of Assisi, protector of animals.

Many people will invoke saints during their spellwork, and I believe that the power of Tarot cards can be used in a similar way.

After all, it is thought that the Rider-Smith deck was heavily inspired by a book of spells, knowns as the Key of Solomon. For example, pentacles appeared for the first time in the 1500s grimoires called the Heptaméron and the Key of Solomon.

I think it’s a good idea to learn the meaning behind each Tarot card and see what power they can give to our spells. Using books for inspiration is a good idea too! I like those books, @nabil. I also recommend 365 Tarot Spells: Creating the Magic in Each Day for lots of ideas.

5 Likes

Hello. Thank you. I’ve put a lot of heart in this spell. Like many witches all around the world.
For justice and fairness and balance and truth.
That is why I love to incorporate tarot cards in my spell. They speak for you !

6 Likes

Hello Francisco.
You are absolutely right. Cards are more than a divinatory tool. The Raider-Waite deck was inspired by the work of Eliphas Levy and Kabbalistic magic I believe. Which give them an occult meaning and perfectly usable for spell works. I guess we’ll never learn too much about them yet.

5 Likes

Yes, I agree.

Also I think it’s a very noble spell you shared above. I support you in your petition. I also want to share a similar spell which I will try later. This is from the book Everyday Tarot Magic: Meditation and Spells

Justice Spell with a Tarot card

Materials:

• Seven of Rods (Wands)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 purple candle
  • Pen

Begin by writing the problem on the bay leaf and set it aside. Then hold the Seven of Rods card in your hands and see yourself having the courage of conviction necessary to set things straight. Invoke the power of the card by saying something like:

"Seven of Rods, now hear my call
And aid me toward the good of all
Show me what’s wrong - show me what’s right
Show me how to win this fight
Stand firm with me to set things straight
Lend strength so I don’t hesitate
And grant that justice is well served
So all receive what they deserve."

Then place the bay leaf on top of the card and cover it with your hands, saying:

"Herb of victory and might
Heed my call and ease this plight
Rectify this easily
As I will so mote it be."

7 Likes

Thank you for your support !
And yes, both books you talked about are great and accessible books for those who want to experiment tarot magic !

5 Likes

I love the idea butg I need to learn to read the Tarot, and now I have like 7 different sets, can’t seem to go by one without getting it…but what a cool Idea!

3 Likes

I want to know more doing spells with my tarot

4 Likes

Incorporating tarot cards in spellwork adds a great new level to casting- good for you, @gigiandbrad090621! :blush: There is some great advice above, and I also recommend reading the Spellwriting Guide to help get more ideas about including your own elements (such as tarot or oracle cards) in a spell :sparkles:

If you do decide to cast any spells that involve your tarot cards, please feel free to share about they go for you! Wishing you all the best- blessed casting! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes