Tea and Tarot Creative Writing

Merry meet witches :black_heart: I had a wonderful experience today over zoom! It was a tea and tarot creative writing course and it was led by an experienced tarot reader. We were led through writing exercises based on the teacup spread which I found perfect for Saturday since it’s a good day for tea spells! So much fun!

8 Likes

Oh, that sounds like a lot of fun to do! I’m happy that you had such a good experience with it. Perfect for teatime too! I hope you have a great day!

5 Likes

Very cool! It makes me wish I could Zoom! That must have been fascinating!

5 Likes

Merry meet, @AliceInWonderdab! Wow, that sounds amazing :heart_eyes: Tea, tarot, and creative writing- what more does a witch need? :laughing: Does the group meet every Saturday, or was it a one-time gathering? I’d love to know more- it sounds like you had a blast! :tea::flower_playing_cards: :writing_hand:

4 Likes

It was a one time zoom class but I’m sure we could put it on for others!
We began by opening the circling and doing some writing exercises based on the tarot cards~like what the story in the pictures was telling us. The tea cup reading involves two cards~on horizontally and one vertically to create an upside down t. The vertical card is your “teacup” which is the knowledge your character needs to drink in and the horizontal is the saucer representing what you need to let go of! The teacup tarot is credited to the legendary witch and burlesque performer Veronica Varlow! We learned the technique of doing a three card, past, present and future, for your characters~seeing what the cards have to say and going from there. We did a guided mediation to find our safe bright light spot where our creativity knows no bounds and then another free writing exercise. It was all very safe and beautiful and we could share if we felt inclined! We learnt what scents and crystals help deepen our writing skills and how to make a tea elixir both for the bath and to drink. It was truly an amazing course and I think it could be something we’d do together for a lot of fun!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing, @AliceInWonderdab! :heart_eyes: I love the idea of using tarot and visualization to increase creativity and help to develop the characters and plot for a story :tea: The next time I’m struggling with motivation, I’ll have to give this is a try! :raised_hands:

As a writer, tarot-lover, and tea enthusiast I have to say I’m very intrigued- if there’s going to be another course in the future, please make a post here and let us know! I will definitely check it out :blush:

4 Likes

I will absolutely let everyone know! I’m fairly certain there will be more courses offered! I’ll drop the @ of the Tarot witch I follow on Instagram right away also!

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks @AliceInWonderdab! :blush: I’ll look forward to hearing about future Tea and Tarot times- it really does sound like a fun class! :tea::flower_playing_cards:

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes