Tea Staining paper ☕

I recently learned about tea staining. It’s quite simple. I tried it out to see if I could do it. And I did.
What I needed was:

• a tea bag, (personally I used the bag from my morning cup.) Don’t squeeze it out.
  • Paper

Squeeze or blot the tea bag onto the paper to make it have the older type looking paper.

Mine is drying but it’s just a prototype lol :joy:

This is what I wanted to achieve ,:rofl:

That’s from my rune journal.

11 Likes

So kind of like making your own parchment paper? A while ago, I was much younger, probably close to Peanut’s age, we learned how to do it with coffee too. I don’t remember the specifics of it, but I remember that I tried it with my mother to make the paper look older. This seems to be along the same lines. I have some tea bags to try it with too! I just have to get more paper for the printer. (You would think that it would last a while, but people here have a habit of opening the printer & taking out pages when they need a piece instead of using the post its or notebooks or any other source of paper around here)

6 Likes

Yes, I saw the info on how it can be used with coffee, too.

5 Likes

So much fun, maybe it’s something I can do with Peanut! & do you think I remembered to pick up paper when I ran my errands? Not at all! Lol :rofl:

5 Likes

Heh. I did that once. I got too much tea on it though and the paper was flimsy afterwards. Glad it worked for you!

5 Likes

I did this in school once for History, we had to make “parchment” and make it look like an old manuscript :grin: I’m so obsessed with buying notebooks and journals though that it might be too much to make my own parchment also :joy:

5 Likes

Maybe it was history that we did it in with the coffee. I’m excited to try it with tea

5 Likes

This really looks interesting, its something I would really love to try. I have never tried to tea stain paper before. I really love the look of it…

5 Likes

I’m with @Liisa- I did tea staining for a project in school once, it was really fun! :star_struck: The paper afterward looks (and feels!) really cool too. This is a great idea for journal pages- thanks so much for sharing, @Christina4! :heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome!!! I had fun doing it by myself :joy: my kids were out at my brothers house.

5 Likes