🕯 The Art of Healing - Sending Energy to Others

I have noticed in the past few days that a few people have reached out on the forum for help and positive energy. I thought it would be a good idea to write some guidance, tips, and techniques for how to send energy and healing to others when you can’t physically see them or be around them.

What does it mean to send healing energy?

The answer to this question depends on many things: your tradition, your belief in how magick works, and your belief in how energy works. When you send healing energy to others, you are sending energy from yourself to another person to help them accomplish a task or heal from something. The energy has to come from somewhere, and most of the time, it is from yourself or the assistance of something outside of you.

How do you send healing energy to someone you don’t physically know?

Wonderful question! And I’m glad you’re here reading this article. So, there are two common ways that this can be accomplished, and they’re fairly simple.

Meditation

When you get into a deep state of meditation, energy work becomes easier. If you’re an experienced energy worker, you won’t necessarily need the meditation to send the energy. For this method, get into a meditative state and see your energy surrounding you. Visualize the subject that needs the energy - and since we’re talking about someone you’ve never met before, you can do this by asking for their name and a picture or seeing their profile picture and username. Once you have their image in your mind, direct some of your energy to their image. You can affect the type of energy sent to them by charging it with intent before it leaves you.

Lighting a Candle

As I said above, the energy has to come from somewhere, right? One of the more common ways of sending energy to others is with the assistance of a flame. Fire is a powerful energy and, when we gather strength and energy from fire, we can send more energy to the person in need without depleting our own stores of energy. To do this, you need at least a candle and a way to light it. Then, get into a meditative state and see the energy emanating from the flame. If you’re an animist like me, you’ll need to ask for help from the flame and take the energy from the flame with its permission. If you’re not, don’t worry about that step. Once you’re ready, see the person in your mind. Draw the energy from the flame through you, charging it with intent before sending it to the recipient.

If you’ve never worked with energy before, I do recommend practicing. Not only is it a good skill to have to help other people heal, but it is also a necessary skill in practicing magick and casting spells. Energy is all around us, and we need to be able to feel, harness, raise, and dispel it through our day as witches.

Do you have any other techniques for sending energy to others? Or any questions?

Sources and Further Reading

Round the Cauldron: Energy Work How-To
Personal Tao: Energy Work Introduction

20 Likes

Thanks for this post, @MeganB! Beaming positive vibes through words can definitely affect someone’s mind even from the other side of the world.

As someone who lives 7,000 miles from friends and family, and in a different continent, I can assure that sending both good and bad vibes can have a very real effect, so it’s good to use our energy wisely…

:raised_hands: :candle:

8 Likes

You’re welcome! I understand about friends and family being far away as well. Granted, not 7,000 miles away, but still not an afternoon drive away <3

6 Likes

Thank you @MeganB for this i just found out my God sister has stage 4 cancer so i would like to try and help her we grew up together :heart:

7 Likes

You’re welcome @Tazz – I imagine that’s rough to deal with :pray: I wish all the best for you and your God sister! :sparkles:

4 Likes

i’m if its okay requesting some healing energy be sent my way please i had a mild stroke the bveginning of april and te road to recovery has been rough. i appreciate anyone whi can send me some good healing energy thank you

6 Likes

Love and light coming your way, Asideon! :pray: I’m so sorry about the stroke, and I hope that your healing journey gets easier from here. Wishing you a full recovery asap!

I hope you don’t mind that I’ve also added you to this month’s Energy Exchange Circle to receive positive energy from the coven. We will you keep in our minds and our hearts as you continue to heal :heart: :sparkles:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Love and light to you @Asideon. I hope you start to recover much faster from here on out!

5 Likes

Absolutely! :sparkles: :pray: I see @BryWisteria has already added you to our Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: June 2023 – that’s great! I’ll be lighting a candle for you and sending you all the good energy!

4 Likes

Thank you so much i xecinitely need ir

5 Likes

You’re welcome, Asideon- I hope things improve for you very soon! :pray: :heart: :candle:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

I’m states away from family and some of my closest friends. Sometimes sending healing from afar is the best I can do. I tend to incorporate a lot of these workings and practices to fit what I feel is best for the situation. Dressing a candle for the situation, incorporating some sort of petition and or charm bag (I sometimes dub them healing bags when I send them to the person) and meditation with a lot of visualization in it. I’ve taken a lot of bits and suggestions from Infinite Roots to fit whatever I’m doing.

8 Likes

I think that’s a beautiful thing to do, @robin77 :heart: Healing bags are a great idea! I understand how hard it can be when you’re separated from family by miles and miles. Most of my family lives all over the US :people_hugging: I get it!

5 Likes

Things have definitely been improving. Still have a ways to go but the healing energy hss been a big help thank you so much

7 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that things are improving for you, Asideon! May they continue to move in a positive direction- wishing you all the best! :pray: :candle: :blush:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Hello fellow witches and light workers, seers!

:cyclone: I was thinking how lately I’ve been unable to give. I wasn’t able to give anything to anyone after my dad passed. Now a different gate opening for me, I thought I would give back.
Now that I am feeling better I have blessed my dear friend! I brought over a project to show her love and show her support to one another she bought me a stropholus necklace and I lost it the first day! Anyway
We made this heart with red carnations in it and white Rosees🌹!
I found the heart :heart: at a thrift store for 3.88 and got some flowers :bouquet: at the 99 cent store for 3.99 a piece for two bunches of flowers!
It was money well spent and my friend was inn better spirits!

*When my client is feeling low I will give her a hug :people_hugging:
*one thing is giving crystals always

• lighting a candle and acknowledging the candle is a flame :fire: and opening a circle of protection And calling in love and wholeness!
    *use tarot cards to send loving messages!
    Jeannie
6 Likes

I just want to say that losing someone we love is a very difficult thing- it’s natural to need time to heal and focus on oneself. I’m glad your healing journey has been moving forward and that you are feeling better now, Jeannie- it’s always wonderful to hear from you :heart: :people_hugging:

You are so kind! And what a fun and thrifty gift too- you were very creative with your materials to make such a beautiful flower heart :bouquet: :green_heart: :blush:

(As for the necklace, I hope you find it again soon! Perhaps it will come back to you when it is ready to)

Lots of love and many blessings to you! :two_hearts: :candle:

5 Likes

:sparkles:Hi Bre, :sparkles:
So good to hear from you!:purple_heart::sunflower::purple_heart:
:grin:

Yes :+1: it’s important take time for me so I can do healing work in others! Tonight I am doing some meditation and some journaling! It’s a dark moon so doing some introspection is where I am at.
This weekend I am going to see fam and bringing some gifts to show the elders I care about them too!
I sure miss you bre you are always so encouraging during this lifetime and during my learning curve with the craft! Thank you so very much! I really do want to be a Wiccan for life. “Not just a phase”
I hope I can spread the love mostly because I know I tend to get in a funk but I am working on energy work! Isn’t that what this is!? I am using plant spirit too! Which is my favorite part of being pagan! I am so glad there are so many ways to bless others by giving them a crystal! This weekend I am going to a jewelry store for some citrine for my aunt! Anyhow I hope your doing well!
Love and Light :high_brightness:
Jeannie

6 Likes

You are an absolute beacon of light, Jeannie- I can always feel the love and honesty in your words! You spread a lot of love around here and I am sure that you share positive energy everywhere you go- the people you encounter along the way are lucky to meet you! :heart:

I hope you had a lovely dark moon and that your travels and activities this weekend all go well- have a lovely time with your family and shopping for jewelry! I hope you can find some fun treasures :gem: :sparkles:

I hope you are doing well too- lots of love and many blessings, Jeannie! Keep on shining brightly and beautifully :candle: :new_moon_with_face: :two_hearts:

5 Likes