The Beautiful Magical Wildflowers in your part of the world

Now that Spring is here in the northern hemisphere, and Fall is there in the southern hemisphere, I thought it would be nice to share the natural beauty in our part of the world. It’s Spring in Texas, and this is why the Bluebonnet is our state flower.

Please share the wild beauty in your part of the world, because every plant we purchase grows wild in some part of the world (unless they are genetically modified).

12 Likes

This is enchanting…Ostara! :face_holding_back_tears: :blue_heart: :orange_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you @Solasta_Amore! Will you be my granddaughter? I almost said daughter, but I have grandkids your age. Lol!

8 Likes

Awwwwwwwww consider me as one of them then honey!!! :face_holding_back_tears: I loooove you! :hugs: :kissing_heart: :smiling_face: (I know I just might be the youngest here! Hahaha :joy:)

8 Likes

Done! Love you too sweet girl, just so you know, I have 2 grandkids about to graduate from high school. Where did the time go? It just flys by!

8 Likes

Ohh I’m not sure what wildflowers we have in my area! I don’t see them too often. I’ll have to go digging for pictures!

8 Likes

Please do! I know that caladiams (misspelled) come from Florida because a lady at the plant shop was looking for the bulbs. The owner said that there is a shortage because Florida had a drought and 2 hurricanes last year. Just look around. What might be a weed to you will be beautiful to us because we don’t have them growing wild!

8 Likes

Haha that’s soo true my dear! :hugs: I get the same responses from my elder sister! :blush: She often says…I can’t believe my little sis is 21!!? I say, well, “I know but I am still your baby sis! Right!?” :smiling_face: :heart: And…I wanna say the same to you Ostara! :face_holding_back_tears: Even if your grandkids are now big, they are still your little munchkins! :wink: :cupcake: (And they are quite luckyy to have youu!) :kissing_heart: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Fabulous idea and that picture of amazing. I’m going to quote a seasoned photographer when he was judging a photography contest “Whoever took this picture definitely has the eye”
The random stuff I remember :woman_shrugging:t2:
We don’t have as many wildflowers as we used to. I actually can’t think of seeing them anywhere except for a hill smack in middle of a busy area with something you wouldn’t usually expect to see in some random spot. I’ll check if they are still in bloom

9 Likes

Ostara
What a lovely field of flowers.
In central Florida, we see a lot of hibiscuses, some amaryllis, and once in a while angel trumpets.
Now in Western New York, you can see Queen Anne’s lace, like baby’s breath, only much bigger and considered a weed. The Joyce Road Neighborhood: Wildflower - Queen Anne's Lace
Black-eyed Susans are large, dark yellow flowers with a raised brown center. Bailey's Buddy: What's better than one Black Eyed Susan? - Photos by Bob Kelly
Wild roses (Rose of Sharon)still grow wild.
this photo was from my sister-in-law’s garden last year
The trillium is an unusual 3 petal flower and so rare that they are protected.
in New York State.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/479914904018231937/
image image
and the ever-beautiful lilac.
Miss Kim Lilac Trees for Sale | FastGrowingTrees.com
Sometimes I get so homesick…
BUT, life goes on.
Garnet

10 Likes

I have a 6 year old little munchkin coming over to help me plant sunflowers.

My son lives in a town close to the Mexico border and the wildflowers there are sunflowers.

9 Likes

The flowers are beautiful Garnet. Some I have never seen before. We have Blackeyed Susans that grow wild here to. They come out later in the spring through summer.

There are these fields of yellow flowers in bloom right now if I get a chance today I will get a picture and send. I’m not sure what they are, but I have a plant id app and that will tell me.

9 Likes

These flowers are going to pop up in my dreams Garnet, definitely! They are that beautiful! :face_holding_back_tears: :heart_eyes: :blossom: :hibiscus: :cherry_blossom: :wilted_flower: Especially the Lilac!!! Oooh, I sooo love them! Thank youu for sharing these surreal pictures sweetie! :heartpulse: :heartbeat: :hearts:

9 Likes

Awwww little buggu! :face_holding_back_tears: Here, we call little sweet honey-buns :honey_pot: :heart_eyes: as buggu out of intense love & affection…it means, well, I dunno! :sweat_smile: :smiling_face: I think the sunflowers would grow even more magickally and rapidly by the mere touch of those tiny caring hands of your 6 year old angel! :angel:t2: :kissing_heart: :face_holding_back_tears: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

It’s still snowy here too, but my girlfriend has sent me some pretty pictures :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

The flowers are beautiful!

9 Likes

This is very true! I know we end up with a lot of common nightshade around my yard. I have to watch for it so I can pull it up so the dogs don’t eat it. It makes some really pretty flowers! :hibiscus: I’ll keep an eye out!

9 Likes

I purchased some belladonna seeds that I was going to plant in the back of my property. The directions say you need to put the seeds in water and keep them in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Not sure if I want to put toxic seeds in my refrigerator! Lol!

9 Likes

I don’t blame you :joy: Are the seeds toxic? Or just the flowers/leaves/etc. of the plant when it’s grown?

I guess as an alternative you could put them in water in an ice chest or something with some ice packs so it stays cool?

9 Likes

The package says all parts of the plant are toxic, so I’m thinking the seeds are toxic too.

That’s a good idea about the ice chest, but I don’t think hubby will like it. Lol!

9 Likes