The Beautiful Magical Wildflowers in your part of the world

How enchanting! This must be fairyland:astonished: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

You’re probably right – the seeds are probably toxic if ingested or if the water you soak them in gets on your skin for too long. It’s hard to tell! :grimacing: I think the only way to know for sure would be to ask a professional that way you don’t accidentally hurt yourself or anyone else in your house.

I wonder, though, if it’s possible to grow it in the soil as long as it’s in a cool, dark place… :thinking: Maybe experiment with starting it in a pot with lots of water. Then keep the pot in the dark in the garage or something similar if it’s not too hot right now. It might have the same effect as keeping it in the fridge!

8 Likes

We have brown-eyed susans, a pink Rose of Sharon, 3 hibiscus plants, daisies, lilies of various colors, tiger lilies, daylilies, 2 variations of irises, bleeding hearts, forsythias, celandine, “johnny jump ups”, grape hyacinth, gladiolas, crocuses, hyacinth, nightshade, hairy bittercress, lemon balm, mint, & rhododendrons & I’m sure that I am missing at least something… that either have shown up from we don’t know where or were planted by us years ago, given to us, or were here when we moved into the house… I like when the ones I never noticed before show up & I’m like… where & when did this get here… my husband just looks at me like… I have no idea so I wind up using Google Lens or iNaturalist to figure out what they are :rofl:

9 Likes

Awww~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’ve fallen in love with the park right next to where she lives, it’s so sweet and peaceful there :face_holding_back_tears: Small frog ponds with benches for lovers, so many pretty flowers everywhere, a rose garden, a smaller medieval rose garden, a Japanese garden, a cute little train that takes you to places if you don’t feel like walking, a little place to have waffles… it is pretty much a fairy land! :smiling_face: :sparkling_heart: :fairy:

9 Likes

Wow. That sounds beautiful!

9 Likes

I just love seeing pictures of beautiful flowers! :bouquet: Thank everyone who shared! It’s still a little early here in Colorado, I do have a few bulbs coming up, but not flowers other than that. Columbines are the state flower, I’ll have to see if I can find a picture from last summer… :thinking:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Okay just because of this description I am going to bookmark your reply here! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: :star_struck: :star_struck: :sparkles: :sparkles:

LOVE & LIGHT TO YOU :kissing_heart: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Awww, I’m so happy that I could share a small part of the magick with you love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My heart is longing to be there again, to walk hand in hand with my sweetheart under the light of the full moon… :kissing_heart: :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face:

7 Likes

@CelestiaMoon I love :heart_eyes: it too! & I hope you get to be there soon to enjoy that walk with your sweetheart under the moon :full_moon:

7 Likes

Awww, thank you dear! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :full_moon:

7 Likes

Alright, so I haven’t been out looking for flowers yet because by the time I’m ready to, it’s already hot and the sun just won’t hide behind clouds :sweat_smile: I was doing some research this morning though and I found a website, The Florida Wildflower Foundation, that has a “What’s in bloom?” interactive map that I can explore!

The map isn’t real-time, I’ve found, so this isn’t what’s all current. One of the entries is from July, and it’s clear that people in my general area don’t get out exploring much or don’t know much about the wildflowers – my general area is a wide range in the bay area, without giving away my exact location :laughing:

There’s even a bloom report for spring that shows several wildflowers you can expect, their benefit to pollinators, and where you can find them!

I’m now on a mission to find wildflowers in my area because it’ll be very sad if we don’t have any. I know we have a few botanical gardens that I can easily get to, but I don’t count those as wildflowers if they’re specifically cultivated for a garden :rofl:

Links

https://www.flawildflowers.org/explore/
Spring "weeds" benefit pollinators - Florida Wildflower Foundation

7 Likes

That is awesome Megan! I am going to look for a map like that for Texas!

7 Likes

I hope you can find one! The Florida Wildlife Foundation is a non-profit, so maybe you have something like that for Texas, or maybe your county or something does something similar! I just found another one that lists wildflowers by county, so I’m gonna go through there and see what I can find.

7 Likes

As soon as my daughter & I are back from our errand, I’m going to do the same for my area :hugs: I like to see what I can find in my travels on the walking/bike path that runs through our town. I feel the same way about the conservation areas that you can also walk around because they are specifically setup & cultivated for the wildlife that is within those areas. I do love to walk through them though, there are plaques setup that kind of explain the particular section you are near or going through & what you may see, hear, or find in those areas & how they play a part in the wildlife being able to thrive.

Today is a complete 180 from yesterday with sun :sun: shining brightly, so maybe her & I can also venture to another sunset later today & see what we can find for plants & flowers across from the main beach where the marshlands are located! :star_struck:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.