The power of Garlic

Not only is garlic :garlic: a wonderful flavoring to any meal, did you know it can also be used for many other purposes in your craft?

:garlic: Here are some wonderful ways to use garlic as part of you craft :garlic:

Pesticide- boil 1 cup of water and turn off. Add four cloves to the boiling water in a cup and steep for 30 mins. Strain the garlic and chant:

“Bugs please be on your way, choose another plant if you may”.

Cool and pour into a spray bottle and add a little drop or two of liquid soap and pray on herbs and plants you want to protect weekly.

Mosquito repellent- Take 3 garlic cloves with skin and crush with the side of a knife until juice comes out. Transfer garlic and it’s juices into 3 cups of boiling water and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove garlic from liquid and mash with a potato masher and add back to liquid and boil for 5 more minutes. strain water and after cool add to spray bottle adding 10 drops of lavender and tea tree oil and shake well!

Garlic anointing oil- This is a great addition to banishing spells and for some beauty treatments too. Take a whole garlic, crush with side of knife and peel skin. Cut the garlic cloves in half and add to 4 tablespoons of heated oil in a pan. cook until brown then let cool. Transfer oil into a small glass jar and cut garlic into very small pieces and add to jar. Before sealing lid chant:

“Charged with blessings, bestowed with power, steeped in Magick, hour after hour”. store in cool place and can last for 4 weeks.

More uses for garlic:

-To ease congestion: chop some garlic and place in small jar adding some honey. Take a teaspoon as needed until congestion eases.

-Keep nails healthy: rub tiny amount of garlic oil (anointment oil) on nails morning and night and if you have a yellow tinge to them it will fade in a few weeks.

-Natural disinfectant: Chop 3 garlic cloves and place inside spray bottle fill with 2 cups of water and add some citrus essential oil.

-Protect from evil eye- carry garlic with you in your pocket.

-Wipe you athame blade with a peeled garlic clove- to enhance Magick!

Did you know that Hekate favoured garlic too and you can give it as an offering by leaving some garlic at a crossroads! :garlic:

Source: The Holistic Witch By Robbins, S., & Greenaway, L.

11 Likes

Very neat! Thank you for sharing. I always annoy my neighbor when I cook with garlic, she doesn’t like the smell. Oh, well!

7 Likes

Oh we put garlic in most of our dishes. I read it is not so good for breastfeeding women, people with high BP and diabetes to eat too much…

7 Likes

Huh. Well, I probably go overboard but I don’t care. I love my garlic. LOL! I put whole peeled garlic in my roasts and veggie soups, it’s wonderful!

7 Likes

Sure is nothing like the flavour of garlic. Think there is a little chant you can say as well before adding garlic in food i will see if i can find it :blush:

7 Likes

Or the smell! LOL!

6 Likes

Very nice! I use a lot of garlic in my cooking. Garlic isn’t something I’d think to use for congestion. Next time that happens, I’ll have to try some garlic. Not sure how it would taste with honey though. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

If you place a chunk of unpeeled garlic on the outside corner of your window it will tell you if there is negative energy directed towards your household… by absorbing that energy the garlic will dry very fast and in a matter of days the garlic will feel like just an empty shell.
If that happens it’s an indication of the need for cleansing protection and all that jazz :cyclone:. After performing the rituals repeat the process with the garlic again :wink:

9 Likes

Thanks :pray: so much for the great information on Garlic @TheMuslimWitch

I read somewhere years ago, that garlic is a natural antibiotic/antiviral, so I started taking it in capsule or tab form. I do think it helped me get well quicker. Then I found essential oils which help me get well even quicker! However, I still take Garlic daily, and I credit it for lowering my cholesterol!

I just looked it up in my Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 5th edition book and I learned something new: it helps to boost your immunity! :thinking:

8 Likes

Gross i assume, but maybe if you have flu you can’t taste anything :woman_shrugging: :laughing:

9 Likes

Nice i am so going to try this. We do this with onion, my husband’s culture does actually they peel an onion and leave it near a baby when they have jaundice or a flu it is suppose to absorb all the illness and yellow tinge in babies or adults…

8 Likes

Nice i need this i have low immunity i was told. Yes the antibiotic properties are great. Maybe i should have eaten garlic when i go pneumonia a few months back :blush:

7 Likes

You can go to the garden center and spend $70 / gallon on deer repellent, or…

Crack an egg in a mason jar with a tablespoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of dishsoap, and fill the rest of the jar with water. Put the lid on top, and store out of direct sunlight for a week. Once the egg has putrified, separate the liquids from the solids, and put into a spray bottle. Spray on plants. Stay downwind, as this will repel your significant other as well as deer.

8 Likes

Hahahah mmmm i have a plan hatching :thinking: (jokes don’t worry i won’t use it to repel my husband’s clingy/suffocating behaviour) :laughing: No need to worry i remember times 3 so won’t be wanting anything coming back in my face, however would have been a good school fart bomb trick i can give you that lol

7 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this!! Garlic is my favorite to work with and cook with!! And I will definitely be using the pesticide and chant for my herb garden next summer!! (While I love bugs, they eat my basil. They should be eating my mint. That comes back every year and I have more than enough to share with my bug friends!)

8 Likes

Yes the little critters love eating what we need as well. Guess they like the nicer things in life too :blush:

7 Likes

@cosmin I’m going to try this, cool! Thanks!
:brown_heart::orange_heart:

6 Likes

@youngea Also, I recommend creating a bat house or other bug eating bird house or a bird bath area to welcome bug eating birds!!!
:orange_heart:

7 Likes

@anon87969570 I agree with this technique it does work!!!
:brown_heart::orange_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.