Herbs & Plants Master Post

This is a master post of many herb and plant related posts. To see all posts tagged with “herbs” click this tag: herbs

Remember to research any possible side effects with herbs, make sure they’re not poisonous if you’re going to consume them, and check with a doctor before doing so even if they are safe in case they have any other interactions and so on. Safety first. :black_heart:

Guides

Also, if you have access to A Sacred Space, this amazing master list of recipes is basically all you need:

The courses also have a lot of information on some popular herbs:

And there’s a whole page of plant magick guides:

Herbs

Lists

By Purpose

Individual

This is a wiki post. If you’re comfortable adding anything missing to the list or helping to organise it, feel free to do so. But you are also welcome to post anything you’d like added below, and someone can add it for you. :black_heart:

17 Likes

Ok. I’ve tried to add our discussion on Sumac, but it doesn’t come out right.

11 Likes

Got it added, @georgia. :black_heart:

It might’ve been my fault. I’ve been working on it, and I don’t know what happens if two people are editing the same thing at the same time.

I will come back to this later as it’s almost 8 am, and I have many things to get through.

12 Likes

@starborn excellent post thanks for your effort my Sister!

12 Likes

I doubt it was you, dear. I’ve never added to a wiki before. I’ll try to get more experience. Thanks for helping.

12 Likes

Very nice. :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Thanks for putting this together @starborn :clap: its gonna be such a helpful list!

10 Likes

@starborn Thank you for doing this even if I was half kidding about egging you on to do it :wink: Eventually I’ll feel better and get back to helping out again!

10 Likes

@Artemisia :fried_egg: :laughing:

I hope you feel better soon, but don’t rush it. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

9 Likes

This is amazing (and so beautifully organized too!) - thank you so much for collecting the herbal resources, @starborn! :partying_face: :green_heart:

8 Likes

@starborn awwwwwwwwww Kat!!! Thanks love

7 Likes

It’s true, though. :smile: Your work is so appreciated. I hope you know that. :black_heart:

7 Likes

@starborn i still have trouble believing others when they say stuff like that. I am my own worst critic. I always think stuff can and should be better. Im my own worst enemy.

But thank u for the compliment. Its greatly appreciated

8 Likes

I think this technically belongs, so I added it and the post on Gardening and Harvesting to the Guides section. :thinking:

7 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for adding it in and for carefully tending to this helpful herbal space! :seedling: :green_heart:

7 Likes

Megan shared some wonderful information on Herbs for Wellness. The full post is here – Herbs for Wellness Goals :herb: Part of My Story & A Recipe – in A Sacred Space, so you will need to be logged in to view it. Please keep in mind that the post includes mild discussions of weight, weight loss, disordered eating. and distorted relationships with food.

One part that really stood out was her information on common herbs for wellness. I’ve quoted it below, but there’s more great information, including the recipe for a Muscle Recovery Massage Oil, over in the post as well. :black_heart:

5 Likes